Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

done b4 im sure ......... fuel economy?

2K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  Satnam 
#1 ·
in my 4 motion average on the fuel comp says 25, round town 15, just for a laugh (all be it boring) 55 mph on motorway 37, boot from cold 4!!!!

#17 ·
On a 50 mile journey (mostly m'way) seen just over 40mpg from my golf 1.8T with a jabba custom map.  Was doing mostly round about 80mph but sticking quite close behine all the other traffic. (Slipstreaming) Was a bit naughty  but you would be supprised the amount of difference it makes! 

#23 ·
just to put everything in perspective, i use
to get 160 miles for a tenner on the daihatsu charade, and it was a
turbo, not bad for a 900cc

and thats when the fuel use to cost around 55pence per litre
55 pence a litre [:O] when did you start driving man??

I've only passed and it makes me cry when i put a tenner in to my corsa
only get about 60 thats if i drive sensibly aswell, but thats a rare
occasion when im driving like a granny im lucky to get 45-50 miles on a
tenner.

Also the corsa's a one litre [:$]

give me a year or so and il hopefully on to a bigger engined golf or may just have sonnys if he decides to get a new car [;)]

Sat

#24 ·
just to put everything in perspective, i use to get 160 miles for a tenner on the daihatsu charade, and it was a turbo, not bad for a 900cc

and thats when the fuel use to cost around 55pence per litre
55 pence a litre [:O] when did you start driving man??

I've only passed and it makes me cry when i put a tenner in to my corsa only get about 60 thats if i drive sensibly aswell, but thats a rare occasion when im driving like a granny im lucky to get 45-50 miles on a tenner.

Also the corsa's a one litre [:$]

give me a year or so and il hopefully on to a bigger engined golf or may just have sonnys if he decides to get a new car [;)]

Sat
How come you only get 60miles out of a tenner in a 1 litre corsa?? Either fuel must be extremely expensive or your car is very inefficient. I get 60 miles from a tenner in my 2.3 litre V5. I don't feel so bad about my fuel economy now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.