Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my 4 motion average on the fuel comp says 25, round town 15, just for a laugh (all be it boring) 55 mph on motorway 37, boot from cold 4!!!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
It's about the same on mine. I always moan when I get stuck behind lorries doing 50mph for a long time but it's the only time I get fuel economy in the magic 30's!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
In my Bora V5 I get an average of around 29mpg... Motorway sometimes around 35mpg and around town I get about 20mpg

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Now i've found the cause of my poor MPG (boost leak) i'm now hitting 48 MPG into work and 51 MPG on my journey home[:D]

10 miles city driving and about 15 miles of motorway.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
true, and to think i really went into the dealer to get a gt tdi, and came out with a v6 (i did have a vr6 b4 though so knew what i was getting into)

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
on average i get about 25 on motorways and 10-18 about town depending on roads

though when i put the foot down, it does come up with 0 MPG

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
normal town driving I get around 40s, steady mway driving early-mid 50s..i've i give it welly on the mway, mid 40s....

come over to the darkside[:D][:D]

·
Registered
641 Posts
on average i get about 25 on motorways and 10-18 about town depending on roads

though when i put the foot down, it does come up with 0 MPG
Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!! [:O]

You must be on first name terms with the fuel garage attendant !!

I cry when I'm getting 25mpg around town.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
320 miles from full tank till empty light comes on on my 1.8t

320 miles on 50 liters there abouts

when im driving from cold (when its been left for more than 6 hours) the mpg screen reads around 8-10npg for the first few minutes of driving.[:D]

lowest its read is 5mpg[:D]

·
Registered
32 Posts
On a 50 mile journey (mostly m'way) seen just over 40mpg from my golf 1.8T with a jabba custom map.  Was doing mostly round about 80mph but sticking quite close behine all the other traffic. (Slipstreaming) Was a bit naughty  but you would be supprised the amount of difference it makes! 

·
Registered
316 Posts
i used to have a Mk4 1.4 Match and i got a max of 49.9mpg! Not bad for a petrol i think :-D

in the 12,500 miles i had it for i averaged 32.6mpg (thats about 7,000 motorway miles and the rest spirited driving around town)

didnt do too badly i think

·
Registered
487 Posts
The most i've had out of my 2ltr is 47.9 on a steady 200 mile
journey. Average around town 20-25mpg. Normal average when
booting on the motorway 30-36mpg

1 - 20 of 27 Posts