Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted my powerflex dog bone mount bushes to my 115 PD yesterday evening and the vibration when accelerating is hideous [+o(] Changing gear is now much smoother though, there are no jerks when accelearting hard and changing, just your bones are shaken out of your body!

I remeber reading about fitting a dog bone mount from a 180 gti, but can't find the thread on here again. Anyone help me out here?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I'm going to give it a week or two, but I really think it will have to come out and go back to the original bushes.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I think you should be alright.

Changed mine and it vibrated for a week before it settled down.Is fine now.

Just make sure you dont over tighten the bolt when you fit the bush to the dogbone mount.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I fitted the P/flex dog bone mount to mine, ran it for a while, was abit put off by the vibration after 3 weeks, so swapped
it back to see how it was with the old one, then made up a mount using
P/flex half and the OEM half. I must say that I have no problems
with vibration at all now, and the gear change feels tighter.

I fitted a new OEM one to a friends car as the bush had worn badly, and
it feels very nice now, about the same as my car. But I am not
sure on the longevity.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine has been on a week now and the vibration has settled a bit, but at very low revs the whole cabin still shakes right up through you're arse! Will leave it a little longer before I decide...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ya mon, PowerFlex that patience! Please believe me it'll pay off, I've made my tractor of a diesel quite boomy by removing the rear exhaust box and putting ducting to the airbox and when I fitted my dog-bone bushes it was very noisey for a time, but I guess you have to drive it the same as you usually do and bare with it until it settles in, mine is plenty quiet now and the benefit of a sturdy engine in the bay outweighs that initial vibration after fitting.

Surely, reach for the volume control on the stereo...! J'mee

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
what colour polyflex bush did you guys go for as i see a red , or a yellow bush ?i have a 1.8t anni

Ricky
The red one is the better option even though it's designed for the TDI.

Give me a shout if you need one as we have them on special at the moemnt.

Damian @ DPM Performance

1 - 20 of 30 Posts