Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gona go and get my powerflex dog bone bush or what ever its called lol the one under the engine to stop it rocking so much. just wondered has anybody fitted one themselves and how did you get on also if anyone has got one on.did you notice any differance and what you think of it?

oh and it ?24 a good price?

cheers

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I've got the powerflex dog bone mounts already mounted in a new engine mount (VW part over ?50) that I can let you have for ?40 shipped if your interested?

Only used on car for about 300 miles.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you mean you have the POWERFLEX BUSH already pressed into the standard mount? where are you from mate? its just i realy wanted to get it on over this weekend as mine is really dead..

cheers

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yeh and how come your selling it mate. did you find it to hard? either way i still want one..

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers mate but i think im gona let it pass if you dont mind. if you was in driving distance i wud come and get it.but i doubt id get it for the weekend if posted. shame

·
Registered
337 Posts
I helped Woody23 do his and it was simple to change, his old rubber bushes were stuffed so we noticed a difference as soon as we took it for a drive. I think he found a how to from somewhere I will ask him for you if he doesn't see this post.

Chris

·
Registered
720 Posts
That was the how too that we used. It is so easy to do though and it does make a difference. As some others have stated it does give more vibration through the car until its done a few hundred miles, but after this you forget its done.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice one guys. thats great just what i need.. did you find any of the bolts didnt wanna come off? or will i be ok? i dont wanna be rounding any bolts off lol

cheers for ya help

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just been having a read through it all.. will i have to change the 3rd bush do you think? did you?

i take it if i buy the powerflex kit it will only have the 2 bushes in the kit?

cheers

·
Registered
720 Posts
All of the bolts came out with no problem at all. I've no idea what the 3rd bush is, as you say the powerflex kit only has 2 and there are only 2 bushes on the dog bone mount anyway! Just make sure you use the supplied grease on the bushes when re-assembling and you will be fine, really is a very easy mod.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
The third bush is at the other end, where it mounts to the gearbox. It's of the pressed-in variety like your suspension bushes, so you won't be changing that in a hurry.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nah ill just stick with the 2 for now lol..

anyone know where i can go get some uprated bushes in the westmids? iv just been told by MIDLANDVW that he hasnt had his delivery and i need to find somewhere that can get the bushes for me?

·
Registered
553 Posts
just had the power flex dog done mount put in. I hope it does settle down as at low revs the cars vibrates quite a bit through the cabin /dash.

if it doesnt im probably going to put a standard one back in...however its only been on 2 hrs.

Awesome GTI Have 15% off powerflex at the mo BTW. only cost about ?11 plus vat

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
where are they based? yeh i dont want it to be to hard/let me no how it goes mate. but hopefully ill have one on this time tomoz

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no worries. i just found out its 82 miles away. bit to far just for a ?20 bush lol.

anyone know of anywhere else more near me?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts