Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning chaps and chappettes,

As you might know Im currently advertising the Anni. Ive received the following Email in my inbox this morning and want your opinion - smells a little funny and Ive usually got a good nose - just want to make sure Im not being over cautious.

Hello,
How are you doing today?I came across the advert of your used
CAR,am interested in purchasing the car you put up for sale get back to us with
your last asking price?But I would need more pictures also with the present
conditon of the CAR.I will want you to get back to me if you still have the car
for sale so that we may conclude on the purchase.
Also i will like you to know that am buying the car for my son.Get back to
us with your last asking?,so that we can arrange for the payment fast,also my
shipper will also come for inspection of the car on my behalf.Because my wife
really love the car than i do,i will also want you to know that am a far away
buyer from Beligum which i will be responsible for the shippment of the car,also
payment will me made in UK.
I will want you to get back to me so that we can arrange for the payment
fast.I await to read from you as soon you recieve my mail.
Cheers

It from a Yahoo email address with a name. What do you think?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yes, pure and simple. It is the standard email. Reply back with 'The car is mint but i am not well in the head and was thinking of selling it for £20 English Pounds or whatever the equivalent currency you use in Nigeria.'

·
Registered
246 Posts
They couldn't even be bothered change "CAR" to anything more personal, surely a bit of effort isn't too much to ask? They're getting lazy these con merchants, some half decent spelling would be nice as well, I mean come on!! [:mad:] [:p]

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is so obvious these people must think we are all morons... for a start his english is poor, also he doesn't half go on, like he's trying to convince you its all legit... a normal person would of said "hey mate, is the car still for sale? Whats the best offer you have had? also could i see some more pics. Cheers", where as this guys feels the need to tell you his whole life story... also all this business about shipping the car abroad immediately sounds dodgy... unless your selling some kind of limited edition Ferrari why doesn't he just buy a car in his own country... anyway, just annoys me when these scammers sit there and try and rip the rest of us off instead of earning an honest living...

·
Registered
359 Posts
SCAM - was it you i saw again this mornin coolcurly? i was rushing cos i was late and just clocked your car as i went past

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
PMSL that is so obviously a scam, this says it all:

Hello,
How are you doing today?
I 2nd that, first two lines... scream SCAM.... these people need to work on their technique its so played out. Just stop corrisponding with him.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I had this when selling my FTO a coupke of years ago, tell him your going on holiday to belgium so you'll save him the shipping costs and drive the car to his door in exchange for cash [:D]

And attach some pics......................of your bare ass [:p]

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lovely the replies and just goes to confirm what I thought.

I hadnt replied to the email anyway, but Im about to link his email address to a couple of "mailing" sites [;)] for wasting my time....

That was me this morning Esther yep, and I only just caught you too - was too busy screaming at the radio about last nights football shambles!!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I had this when selling my FTO a coupke of years ago, tell him your going on holiday to belgium so you'll save him the shipping costs and drive the car to his door in exchange for cash [:D]

And attach some pics......................of your bare ass [:p]
I love that idea, I'll do that if I ever get something similar when I start trying to sell my car (except maybe the last bit, I'd try to make it seem legit & have some fun seeing how they try to blag their way out of it)

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Ask if his wife is good looking, and to send photos, and that if she is pretty enough you may consider a swap for the CAR [Y]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
aSK THEM TO SEND £30 for goverment vehicle export form 9130h if they do it, then ask them for £90 container booking deposit.. see if they fall for it.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
aSK THEM TO SEND £30 for goverment vehicle export form 9130h if they do it, then ask them for £90 container booking deposit.. see if they fall for it.
Yeah - Tag them along. Loko at the 419eater webpage for ideas.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yeah, the funniest thing to do is send them on a wild goose chase. Pretend you're intrested, string them along a bit and then just start going all weird on them! Like say I will knock of £1,000 because I forgot to mention all the c*m stains on the back seats from when my Grandad and his Boyfrind borrowed the car for the weekend [:mad:]

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here - I think I have another one!!! - check this out -

Hello Seller,
My name is John
Kegan I am interested in your 2002 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 1.8 GTi Anniversary 3dr
Hatchback Special Eds,Also am okay with the stated price of £12,295.I am willing
to make payment via certified Uk Check/Bank Draft drawn from a Uk bank which
will clear in your bank before the shipment. I hope the mileage and the body is
in good condition. Please let me know if it is still up for sale.Also i will
want you to get back to me with some more
pictures.
Cheers
John.

Another Yahoo Email address too......why do they always ask for more pictures? There are about 9 on the advert and they never mention where they have seen teh car advertised, and the fact that the description is written word for word just made me laugh!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts