Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Heh haven't seen these ones before, therefore no photos of anyone on here... May have to give it time before you see pics.

Don't be put off by people's distate - if it's what you really want try it - can always flog them if you think later they look poo. They're a bit too clear/white though, which will put most people off - it's the sort of thing you'd expect to find in a chavved up corsa as Ken alluded to above. I have to confess I agree, too heh!

Keep looking - sure you'll find what you want [:)]

C

·
Registered
471 Posts
Patience, the proper VW LEDs (like in the rest of the range... Golf Plus, Passat, etc) will be coming out this summer I hear!

/one of the ever-hopeful LED zealots

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Patience, the proper VW LEDs (like in the rest of the range... Golf Plus, Passat, etc) will be coming out this summer I hear!

That will be intersting - smoked too? After 3 days driving the new Passat I really liked the rear LEDs and wouldn't mind pair like that on mine.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts

OMG, that alone would make me buy a MkV...

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Neo, too light man... They'd look like lexus lights on the back of a black mkv [:(]

If that's the best that's coming, I'm gonna have to go down the R32 path.....

C

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
The design of the casing and internals looks like they could be removed and fitted behind R32 lenses though, unlike the Hella units which have totally different shapes inside...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Neo, too light man... They'd look like lexus lights on the back of a black mkv [:(]

C
Remember, that's looking at 'em with flash on. The red bit won't be any brighter than the regular GTI tails.

Perhaps they'll make them with the R32 covers? Or I'm sure that it'd be a simple (if expensive) mod to transplant the LEDs to the darker R32 covers.

OoooOOOooOOh, here's a thought - I'd bet they'd look good in black with the Kamei light covers... only problem is that they'd cover the reflectors, but take 'em off for MOT and you're sorted.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts

C
Remember, that's looking at 'em with flash on. The red bit won't be any brighter than the regular GTI tails.

Perhaps they'll make them with the R32 covers? Or I'm sure that it'd be a simple (if expensive) mod to transplant the LEDs to the darker R32 covers.

OoooOOOooOOh, here's a thought - I'd bet they'd look good in black with the Kamei light covers... only problem is that they'd cover the reflectors, but take 'em off for MOT and you're sorted.
Can tell I'm a lamer modder lol [:$]

Got a couple of pictures of the Kamei stuff, so could compare... Could bump this into a seperate thread actually....

C

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Alright mate, I am looking to fit the R32 rears to my Golf. When you replace them is it just the lenses you change or the entire light assembly?
Cheers Ross

1 - 20 of 22 Posts