Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a 2001 GT TDi have the same suspension as a standard mk4 golf?

Reason im asking is that ive had the tracking done on my car 2001 GT TDi 130 and it has a slight pull to the left.

When i checked the print out the vehicle says VW GOLF IV, 97-04, FWD, Standard Suspension (G08, G09, G11, G27, G28, G36, G37)

Its going back to be checked again but just wanted to make sure they have used the right setting for my car.

·
Registered
601 Posts
the suspension set up on all the fwd cars are the same so you can interchange them however the spring load rate is different on the different engine sizes. i put sus off a 1.8t onto a pd 115 bora before and it was normal hight, we put sus from a V5 onto a mates 1.6 bora before and the front end was in the sky [:D]

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
The geo should all be the same, however I think VW may have referred to the shock/sping setup as "sports".

Did you have the tracking done on a hunter style system? These are always the most accurate.

Don't bother with the kwik fit "laser" or old school "mirror" techniques - they're not accurate enough.

Chris.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had it done at a reputable company that uses the hunter style system.

Used them several times before and they have always been good.

Going to take it in again to get it checked.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Aye, just ensure everything on the printout is green and the angles match on both sides.

It's also worth noting that mk4's tend to pull to the left naturally - I remember mine doing it after hunter, but it was so slight that it never bothered me. Tabs also told me the same.

Chris.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts