Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions on the dodgyness of rear hatch car badging please guys, what is acceptable and what is not.

I have TDI, and think that is acceptable. GT TDI is fair enough I suppose but not to all persons tastes.

A decent car in a forecourt I saw the other day had GTITDI which I think is a little much - 6 letters along the rear hatch.

Not to mention the word TIT in the middle of it all.

I reckon the more letters, the dafter it looks, am I right?? whats everyone elses opinions????

(stand by for incoming????)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mine had GT TDI on the back when I bought it. The dealer explained they pretty much put whatever badge they want on. I've thought about removing one of the Ts to read GTDI but haven't bothered yet tbh!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by Carlos on 04/10/2004 00:24:34

Yep, GTITDI is a right mouthfull!

I saw a GTI the other week with

GTI

1.8 20v

looked very silly IMO!

Yea I've seen similar, just makes me chuckle for some reason when I see a MK4 badged that way.[V]

Mine arrived badge GTI, ripped it straight off & replaced it with TDI, coz In my eyes, thats what she is & you dont see many badged up this way.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by Ricardo on 04/10/2004 12:43:56

its the GTI 2.0 that makes me chuckle[^]

LOL..HERE HERE[^]

I always look for the middle rear headrest, 9/10 its either a PD150 or 1.8T...

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quote: posted by Ricardo on 04/10/2004 12:43:56

its the GTI 2.0 that makes me chuckle[^]

lols. Esp. the way it doesn't quite fit properly to either side or above / below...

·
Registered
143 Posts
DE-BADGE - it's the future !

How can you ever really clean that tail if it's got letters all over it.

Mine came with GTi badging (colour combination ??? can't remember !) One of the first things I did was to take them all off.

Any one who does not realise its a GOLF, well then I'm not worried about them.

And anyone who relies on the badge to rate their chances against me, well then they are going to be surprised ! Which for me is the whole point !

And it really does make cleaning much easier, and the car less stealable by Chav standards !

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine has GT TDIon the back. I like the way it looks, I don't think it's too much. To me it adds a more sportier touch in a subtle way. Plus it's a bit of an individual touch as there are fewer Golfs out there with the GT on.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Mine says GT TDI on and to be fair is what the car is, check the V5 and its named this, so why change it to GTDI OR GTI TDI, its a GT TDI

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quote: posted by gregramsey on 14/10/2004 09:07:58

Mine says GT TDI on and to be fair is what the car is, check the V5 and its named this, so why change it to GTDI OR GTI TDI, its a GT TDI

Sometimes it's more fun not to give the impression you're 'sporty' [:D]

·
Registered
383 Posts
de badging makes it easier to clean too!! i've taken the GOLF off as well!! Did you know that if you jumble up the letters you can spell OLD GIT

·
Kjohal
916 Posts
Mine came with T DI - (Red) DI, I also looked into this badging malarky and think that GT TDI is a bit of a long ting, so I went for the GTDI look - I think it looks good and not may out there have this combo - but again - each to there own.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Im wondering what to do to mine, i want to be original but i dont want to debadge it. it currently reads SDi and i think thats nuthing to be proud of. lol. so i want to include the .:R logo maybe so baybe .:RDi or .:RSDi what do yall think?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts