Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's all those numpties who queue on roundabouts,why do they do that,it doesn't actually get them to their destination any quicker?My normal ten minute-ish drive to work took twenty minutes this morning as the schools went back today,and it's even more annoying when I don't need to join the route they take,I just want to cross over it.Then when you try and squeeze around all the cars on the roundabout,they look at you as if to say "Well,I'm stuck going nowhere very quickly,I reckon you should be as well".

Rant over,Chris.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I had this last night, it does my frigging head in! I bad temperedly squeezed my car between the front of one and the rear of the other and indicated the offending driver to reverse, which he did. I can't stand incompetence like that on the roads, does my head in!

Mind you, on another point of view, other driver's incompetence pleases me. Like when people are queueing to turn right at a given roundabout but don't realise that the middle lane turns right as well... I'm like, see you later gimps!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Mind you, on another point of view, other driver's incompetence pleases me. Like when people are queueing to turn right at a given roundabout but don't realise that the middle lane turns right as well... I'm like, see you later gimps!
PMSL you're not alone! [:D][Y]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Noticed the traffic has built up this week yet you dont see one schoolkid in a bloody car! It annoys me and if people do something wrong i WILL let them know about it.

Also i dont see what problems people have with overtaking a car doing 20mph? Look back and they are F`in and Blinding.?!? Did i harm you? NO , Did i cut you up, stop you from going to dozy land anyfaster? NO.

Some people dont realise that majority of people want to get somewhere fast.

Tractors and Learner drivers should be banned from public roads in rush hour. Specially those noggins that just pile up behind them and dont overtake given oportuniaty. Its a bit dangerous overtaking 6 cars and a tractor in one go.

You get these n00bs that pull out t-junctions and hog one lane expecting someone will let them out. I do my best to make sure they stay there going as slow as possible just so the other traffic butchers them. And if i get one hogging my lane they get full bumper to side treatment with a few flashes and honks.

Hmm.... [8o|]

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I work in Camden/Hampstead and its the Bloody women with thier 4x4's blocking the roads

If you cant drive it DONT!!!!!!

just my 2p's worth

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tractors and Learner drivers should be banned from public roads in rush hour. Specially those noggins that just pile up behind them and dont overtake given oportuniaty. Its a bit dangerous overtaking 6 cars and a tractor in one go.
Don't forget caravans also should only be allowed on public roads between the hours of 3AM and 4AM on April 15th.

Chris.

(P.S. as this is my 1000th post,do I get bag of sweets,or something? I was actually hoping it was going to be deeply intellectual,and have profound implications,but that's life I guess!)

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
What I hate most about the school run is trying to get the kids safely out of the car when those gimps who are late for work go screaming past.........[;)]

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What I hate most about the school run is trying to get the kids safely out of the car when those gimps who are late for work go screaming past.........[;)]
It's BECAUSE of the school run we're late for work.

·
Registered
654 Posts
When my village infant school finishes for the day, every bleeding car in Cambridgeshire is parked along the road, only to drive their children 500 metres home.

My neighbours take their children 5 miles to another infant school possibly because it has a better OFSTED report than the local one.

Ayyyy, I remember the days, aged 5, when I walked one mile to and from school.

·
Registered
796 Posts
You get these n00bs that pull out t-junctions and hog one lane expecting someone will let them out
I do this all the time, sometimes its the only way to get out. Someone always lets you in, especially if traffic comes the other way and starts queueing. I have absolutely no problem with this whatsoever! [H]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
There is a private primary school round the corner from us and the amount of cars to take a few kids to school.. jesus.. they park right up to the very edge of the turning that I am waiting to turn left out of.. so much that I have to pull right across the side of the road so I can get round them to turn left.  It's bloody madness.  REALLY winds me up that a few of them can't car share and take four kids in one car or summat.  All the mummies and daddies with flash motors, all bimmers and mercs and the associated bad driving that goes with owning a bmw or a merc !!!  Grrrrrrr.

·
Registered
138 Posts
There have been days where we have actually ended up parking outside the houses of people who have driven their kids to school.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
It's BECAUSE of the school run we're late for work.
No, it's because you choose to travel to work during the school run.......[:D]

All the mummies and daddies with flash motors, all bimmers and mercs and the associated bad driving that goes with owning a bmw or a merc !!! Grrrrrrr.
Yup...... especially those with 4wd BMWs [;)]

Tongue buried firmly in cheek....[6]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
All the mummies and daddies with flash motors, all bimmers and mercs and the associated bad driving that goes with owning a bmw or a merc !!! Grrrrrrr.
Yup...... especially those with 4wd BMWs [;)]

Tongue buried firmly in cheek....[6]
Yeah especially those yorkshiremen in 2.0d X3 bmw's eh ! [;)]

·
Registered
62 Posts
You get these n00bs that pull out t-junctions and hog one lane expecting someone will let them out
I do this all the time, sometimes its the only way to get out. Someone always lets you in, especially if traffic comes the other way and starts queueing. I have absolutely no problem with this whatsoever! [H]
I agree. Making a scene at someone for doing this (who is probably just trying to 'get somewhere fast' [;)] ) is unnecessary and makes you look like a chump, its part of normal driving. Let people out, everyone gets to their destinations quicker!

Mike

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
There is a line at t-junctions where you should wait until you are free to move when its clear both ways. If its clear one way then throttle to the flooor on the wrong side of the road...then slowly edge into the flowing traffic....(as long as its safe and do not put anyone at risk) lol

Nah seriously, id imagine if i was to actually drive my car into a car blocking my lane, its a good insurance claim surely?!? "you pulled out on me sir"

I hate people who join dual carridgeways ....where there is a slip road on to it. But wait looking down the road to see if its free to enter.

Correct speedy situation - Roll onto the slip road with indicators flashing then people in the closet lane will move over to let you out, once they can see you want to enter.

At the end of the day, we all make mistakes and we all have opinions on whats right and wrong.....

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
its the ones who live walking distance from the school that anoy me.

sometimes i'll finish work early and if i leave at 3.15 i catch a school leaving at 3.45 near my house, litterally loads of cars and about 4buses to deal with, its insane.

im lucky i dont have school run problems in the morning, im out the door at 6.30ish

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
I was just about to post about school being back [:mad:]

It now takes me about 25 minutes to travel 7 miles, as opposed to the 15 it did during the summer, and the 10 I could crack on a Saturday morning

I have also noticed, already in the last 2 or 3 days, how much extra I am spending on petrol sat in queues whilst stupid people in chelsea tractors with one kid hog two lanes, completely oblivious to anything around yet alone behind them.

And those who sit blocking a roundabout exit glued to the bumper of the car infront, just because they are petrified that someone might get in front of them. I do take great pleasure sitting on the horn and watching them flap until they can move.

The run to work is always an eye opener, the roads are full of knobers who try and lane jump as well as people who I believe obtained their licences from the back of a box of cornflakes. All the mums clogging things up are not helping either, but who am I to take the moral high ground, I am a one passenger car on my way somewhere just like everyone else, adding to this congestion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts