Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do these lights suit or should i change them?

ideas please,thanks

to come : upsolute,lowering,santa monica alloys

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Not in my opinion, they would be down for a change ASAP!!

Its the styling I don't like but it wouldn't be right for us all to like the same things in life.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Personally, I think they are OK, but I prefer standard GTI lights, they
do look a tad tacky IMO, that sort of styling doesnt do it for me on
golfs.

At the end of the day though bud its your car so if you like them stick with them!

Car is nice!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
these lights look well nice at night but i agree,i think the gti lights look best on black golfs and rccr on others where it matches the indicators on the wings,so maybe i'll go back to gti for now.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
IMO the general trend on the forum is to stick to an OEM lamp and I think that's the right way to go about it.

Changing the rearlamps for something that doesn't look like it belongs on the back of a VW not only changes the look of the car but also makes you wonder whether it still should carry the VW badge?

US / Euro spec lamps are popular at the moment and I would suggest that a change would make the car look so much better.

·
Registered
217 Posts
imo im not overly keen on them, my mate has a black golf similar to mine but with those lights on, and they allways remind me of a fiat bravo's rear lights

·
Registered
423 Posts
Have a look at the Hella range mate. So much nicer than the Lexus if you want a darker look. Smoked or black would be cool, from personal experience I absolutely love the black. Really transformed my motor.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rbbr---thats the first time ive seen lights looking better than hella " all blacks" on a black golf !!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
rbbr---thats the first time ive seen lights looking better than hella " all blacks" on a black golf !!
They just give you that something extra don't they?

Your motor looks much better with those R/S/S/R's on mate.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
In case anyone didn't know, those are Hella lights * and I think they're not bad as the so-called Lexus style goes but I have a feeling they might actully be intended to mimic the MkV style, in the same way Hella does a MkV style front lamp for the MkIV. I think looks better on a black car, but certainly overall more suited to a dark car, but haven't seen them on a silver or other light coloured car yet.

* see page 14 of
http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaDE/WebSite/MiscContent/Download/Autofahrer/Licht_Design/Hella_Zubehoer_Part_2.pdf

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
In case anyone didn't know, those are Hella lights * and I think they're not bad as the so-called Lexus style goes but I have a feeling they might actully be intended to mimic the MkV style, in the same way Hella does a MkV style front lamp for the MkIV. I think looks better on a black car, but certainly overall more suited to a dark car, but haven't seen them on a silver or other light coloured car yet.

* see page 14 of
http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaDE/WebSite/MiscContent/Download/Autofahrer/Licht_Design/Hella_Zubehoer_Part_2.pdf
Spot on mate.

The 'Lexus Rearlamps' were designed to capture the look of the MK5 rearlamp while mixing together the 'Lexus' look. It was a bold move and like many of the products that Hella sell they are very popular in Europe and the States.

IMO the black versions are the better option if you had to choose between either those or the chrome ones.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts