Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just checking www.kenrockwell.com tonight and on his Latest News section there was this:

"Casio just announced it's sold one billion electronic calculators since their first electronic calculator ? the model 001, went on sale in 1965. Criminy! I wonder how many watches they've sold? "

I was astounded. 1 billion, and since 1965????!!!!

So students, what do you use now?

Tony

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Yeah thats what i had back in the day,

Also the schools calculators were always casio so you can imagine how many are sold in that way.

Can see this turning into a thread about what words you can spell on them [8-|]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Yeah thats what i had back in the day,

Also the schools calculators were always casio so you can imagine how many are sold in that way.

Can see this turning into a thread about what words you can spell on them [8-|]
58008[:D]

·
Registered
703 Posts
Most exams I have had sat that allowed calculators only allowed the casio technical non-graphical calculators...which are just under a tenner now - I still have 2, the older one I got for ?20 15yrs ago and a newer one that survived many a chemisty calculation during my undergrad and now I always carry one and keep the other as a spare, as still most exams specify these as the allowed models.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
A thread about calculators...how boring can you get! [:^)]

Still got my old skool (see what i did there?) casio, and it still works! the batteries last decades.

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
[8-|]

I always tell my students to buy a Casio - easy to use and easier for me to only have to explain one set of instructions ;)
Typical....teachers......9am to 3.30pm.....13 weeks holiday per year............... and can't even be bothered to explain things......[:p][;)] Only joking mate, the other half's a teacher so I know the real truth.

Back on topic....this was my casio...graphical, no less!!

Posted Image

·
Registered
895 Posts
When I was at school, I used various Casio models - still have one now survived from the school days that actually work, it plots graphs, solves quadratic equations, supports programming and does calculas. Then at Uni, we had to get a specific model approved for Exams - it was a ugly Texas Instrument one.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Being a computer student I dont need a calculatr but I do still have mine from school and that was a Casio. was looking at it the other day and had to laugh as I used to draw and write all over it and was reading some of the things on it!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
I think I must have got about 10+ calculators and all are Casio (ranging from the very basic to graphical models) except the uni approved Texas Instruments one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts