Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just bought a Golf GTTDI 110 bhp (Dragon Green)

Want to do the following to it

Alloys

Side Repeaters

Spoiler

Rear Wiper

Increase Bhp

and to many more to list

may need to remortgage the house

Whats happening to me or is this normal

having regrets buying the car now

Please help

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Live in the Allerton area

Went to check out some alloys (RS4 17s). There was a guy at the shop waiting for a new exhaust to be fitted and he said my car looked good as it was "not to bother with new alloys"

I thought maybe he is right don't really want to turn my car into something like Michael Jackson

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Ah, I was in Allerton at a friends house yesterday, just picking up some clobber, In that new estate where that guy died in the car crash the other week. [:(]

I'd go for something different from the RS4 or A8's as half of Bradford seem to have them!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are right about the fact that half bradford has the Rs4 and the other half have ordered the new A8s. To be fair they do look good but in opinion the A8s are a little too much for the golf

Anyway can you recommend any other alloys for my golf. would like a different look but not the " Have you seen that golf with the funny wheels"

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
wellcome to another yorkshire member.

side repeaters and rear wiper arent too expensive.

if its 17" your after i may still be able to get 17" from dealer

with tyres for just over ?450.

jase...

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Normal? Yes, definitely. It seems a rather small list to me [;)]

If it's a MK4 it aint Dragon Green, it's 'Bright Green'

[/expert on green, if nothing else]

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi

you maybe right about the colour but it doesn't look like a bright green to me . I thought it was dragon green as the previous owner had left some Dragon Green touch up paint.

PS Jase can you drop me an email in regards to the alloys, although I am in two minds as I got the car with good tyres.

Went to see the Doctor on Friday he advised me that treatment for my problem could cost thousands of pounds. Thinking might be cheaper just to buy the extras instead

Although Dr Folg did suggest did suggest if I brought other people maybe able to get group discount. Let me know if you have similiar problem and we can have a group session. ((It can't just be me))

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
It's not Andy mate, I guarantee you. Oceanic green is the bluey one - the problem is getting a pic to show you as in photos it looks blue or anthracite. You didn't believe a stealer did you? [B)]

Dragon green is a MK2/3 and Polo colour, it's also got a blue tinge but is 'greener' than the MK4.

The MK4 comes in:

Oceanic green (Ed's beast - Clicky)

Posted Image

Cosmic green (Ger's dad's old Golf)

Posted Image

Bright green (My regular sig pic, but the image host is down atm)

Posted Image

Here's Dragon green on a Polo & Bright green on a Golf (Think pic is SEPaul's, hope he doesn't mind!)

Posted Image

doosam, if you're wanting to use the touchup paint, just check the colour code is correct - it should be on the bottle and in your manual/under the bootfloor lid

·
Registered
296 Posts
Quote: posted by doosam on 19/12/2004 12:30:14

Anyway can you recommend any other alloys for my golf. would like a different look but not the " Have you seen that golf with the funny wheels"

I posted a similar question here and got some good feedback (although still undecided on what to get). Other than that check out the 'members rides' section for ideas for wheels and other mods here

And congrats on the new purchase[^]

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cat

Cheers for the reponse and I have no comment to make ??????.

ps I am colour blind (thought it was black)

only joking (not that colour blind)

Cat

Do you sell paint for a living?

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
[:D] Lol, nope, don't sell any paints - just hope, like others here, that I can help if possible. As Carlos knows, I know me paints [:p]

As for the alloys issue, I would really do some reading around here first if I was you. Most good ppl here will advise you that 18" will look best on the Golfy (unless you want to go for the extreme 19"). But if you do, then you will want to get it lowered not long afterwards, and possibly uprate the ARBs - especially if you're chipping it.

Food for thought, the best advice I could give is researching carefully here before parting with any cash! G'luck [:D]

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Sorry Cat, I was going from the Bora brochure, not the stealer, they no nothing (not my favorite people just no GRRRRRRRRRRRR!). Nice pics of cars tho.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I'll have a look at it the next time I see you [:D]

But the fact remains, LC6M is Bright green (which is what we have), and Oceanic green is LC6X

What's going on with the stealers buddy? (Sorry to hijack your thread, doosam!)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cat

Got no issues with you hijacking the thread

ps looking at car again with your pics in mind the car is Bright Green. If someone asked me what colour it is, hard to describe as a bright as its not ((I think you know what I mean))

Carlos

When I first bought the car planned on getting rs4 s. Liked the flat face on the spokes and suited the Golf makes it look solid. Then Carlos came along with his comments[:(!]. I don't think Carlos had any issues with the wheel itself just the fact it was commom. (True)[:)]

Checked around the site and I love the wheels on Evilhommer motor. Gonna get soem nuvolaris althought getting 17s. If i get 18s then it needs to be lowered. I will only lower if the lovely government decided to remove all the speed humps/ramps.

developing another problem addicted to the uk-mkiv site

cheers for the comments (all of you)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts