Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all first off i have had a good read of some threads, wasnt sure which to post this in hence a new thread.

Ok i have a 05 golf 2.00 gt tdi and the problem ive had has been the turbo shutting off about 80mph and then going into limp mode, turning the ignition off and on again fixes this untill i hit 80mph again.

Took the car to an indipendent vw garage on monday for a diagnostic this is the result.

16618 - Boost pressure regulation limit exeeded (overboost condition) (p0234)

17058 - Cylinder 4 glow plug circuit (q13) electrical fault (p0674)

17848 - Egr valve (n18) open circuit (p1440)

17903 - Switch-over valve for egr cooler (n345) open or short to ground (p1495)

16627 - Solenoid valve for boost pressure control (n75) malfunction (p0243)

19558 - Motor for intake manifold flap (v157) no signal (p3102)

19557 - motor for intake manifold flap open or short to ground (p3101)

In short the mechanic said i would almost definitely need a new turbo with labour and vat £1200 does this sound rite? any info or advise i would be very grateful for thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty sure its 140 no smoke but do have a siren sound noise when going slow 1st 2nd gear

·
Registered
119 Posts
hmmmm siren sound could suggest turbo but you would normally get this in all gears and when u rev the engine standing still, is the noise related to the engine load or speed ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It may make that sound all the time but i can't hear it when the revs get louder if that makes sence

·
Registered
119 Posts
how many miles has the car covered ? im not sure if this model is affected but other might be able to tell but a suggestion sounds a bit like Stuck Veins in the turbo ?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Just a good clean of both side of the VNT will sort the over boost fault out, the turbo need to be taken off the car and stripped down. We can offer this service if needed?

Nick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts