Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Do I have enough detailing products ?

2K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  wvrs19 
#1 ·
I've just finshed givin the Garage a good tidy & got all my stuff together in one spot for the first time, there doesnt look that much on the shelves....[:O]

Anybody else got this much (apart from the swissol man)[:)]

Posted Image

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm not alone then, only the other day I was in my garage wondering where to start with tidying all the cleaning products I've got in there. It's getting to the point where I need a filing system for it all, or maybe I should just throw out all the stuff that I know is pants and have kept just because the bottle is over half full.

The trouble is I keep reading on forums about all these great products and think, hm I'll give that a try and so I end up with stacks of half used bottles. [;)]

Then there's Christmas gifts and so on, for instance I got the Williams kit last year off the wife with a stack of stuff in it then there was a Autoglym valet kit when I got my R and had it 'Lifeshined' and I already had a stack of autoglym stuff in the garage anyway so I haven't even opened that one yet. Maybe I should have a garage sale.[:I]

#6 ·
Quote: posted by rommel on 22/09/2004 21:48:14

It's getting to the point where I need a filing system for it all, or maybe I should just throw out all the stuff that I know is pants and have kept just because the bottle is over half full.

The trouble is I keep reading on forums about all these great products and think, hm I'll give that a try and so I end up with stacks of half used bottles. [;)]

Hmm seems to be my trouble too[:I] Made worse by the fact that my polishing/waxing antics are very rare [:eek:)]

#7 ·
Mate, my collection is far bigger than that.

Over the years I've tried practically everything available from Halfords, and rather than throw away the crap products, they've just festered in the garage!

Can't bare to throw them away, yet I can't bare to use them on my baby!!

The only things I'll use on my car are

Zymol car wash (like in your pic [^])

Zymol MicroFibre polishing cloth

Zymol Titanium Carnuba Wax

Zymol prewax cleaner

Diamond Brite ultra glaze (6yr polish crap, that dealers charge hundreds for)

Wheel Wax - when I can be bothered

Autosmart TFR

Autoglym or Autosmart tyre dressing

Autosmart leather cleaner/conditioner

Zymol leather cream

3M imperial hand glaze

Halfords Clay Bar (nice and cheap!)

#9 ·
You can never have too many valeting products,it means youve always got an excuse to play with the car! Ive always found Autoglym to be consistently superb,whichever product. I own my own valeting company,and ive tried virtually everything on the market,but for ease of use,end product,and a finish that last's,Autoglym is definitely one of the best. I find that if you polish your car with Super resin polish,you should leave the polish on for about 30 mins,then remove with a microfibre cloth,finally treating with Extra Gloss Protectant-leave for about 2 hours-usually looks mint! Paul.

#11 ·
Quote: posted by wvrs19 on 25/09/2004 10:03:12

been there done that bought the ranges from trafalger autoglym zymol now using the Mothers range of products and getting show winning cars .

Lets see some pictures please of the show winning cars[:)]

#13 ·
I've got SO much cleaning stuff knocking about...

I only use a small s election of it though:

Zymol Car Shampoo (from Halfords)

Triple Wax Bucket

Meguires Lambswool Wash Mit

Grey Sponge with Microfibre coating from Halfords (for wheels)

Turtle Wax Blade

Megurires Microfibre Drying Cloth

Old Pittards Chamois Leather (for door shuts, underbonnet, wheels etc

3M Perfect It III Cleaner Clay

3M Perfect It III Fine Compound

3M Imperial Hand Glaze

Zymol Titanium Wax

Zymol Microfibre Cloth

Zymol Wax Applicator Pads

Autoglym Glass Polish

Rain Wizard

Autoglym Interior Shampoo

Autoglym AutoFresh (air freshener!)

Zymol Tyre

Turtle Wax Extreme Tyre Gel

Zymol Vinyl (for cleaning and protecting plastic bits)

Zylol Leather Cleaner

Halfords Terry Towels (for polishing)

Comma Hair Wheel Brush

Soon to add a 5l bottle of MC2 to the mix lol...

Oh, and a Hozelock Hose!

Blimey!! That's a lot of stuff just to keep my car looking nice!

#15 ·
lols, nearly!

I have just checked and my stocks are thus:

Zymol Wash

Zymol Cleaner Wax

Zymol HD Cleanse

Zymol Titanium Glaze

Zymol Leather Cleaner

Zymol Wheel Cleaner

Zymol Wheel Coating

Zymol Microfibre Towels x2

Zymol Wax Applicatorsx 1 pack (subsequently used hands)

VW's Own Interior Cleaner

Halfords Leather Nourisher

MC2

1 missus who doesn't see why i need all that.

#16 ·
I have a similar collection ranging from AutoGlym, Zymol and Meguires, some of the product have been in my collection for over 4 years.

I tend to have to hide my products in one of these

Posted Image

so that the missus doesn't start questioning me why I have more car cleaning stuff than here makeup collection [:D]

Though after my new editions to the collection today, looks like I'm gonna need another toolbox/laundy bag.

Posted Image
Posted Image

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.