Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many headaches of trying to find some rims ive took a fancy to the Rial Daytona Race wheel. Its kinda like a BBS LM but its "just" a 2 piece rim instead of 3 like the BBS. Still expensive though, appx ?345 per rim. Anyway, after trawling the net, as ya do, i thought about sourching these from Germany as they are miles cheaper over there. Best price i had in UK was ?1420 delivered for a set of 8.5 x 18's, no tyres. A company in germany will do them me for ?1060 delivered. I dont need tyres supplyed with them cos i will just take my tyres off my current 18's and slap um on the new wheels. Do i need to pay any extra costs as im getting them from germany, or any other additonal costs i should be aware of?

Posted Image

·
Registered
63 Posts
The best thing i ever did for my car was to buy my wheels from some guy in germany! they were so much cheaper! and delivery only took a week. he was a trader on german ebay (www.ebay.de) and all he does it would appear, is to sell brand new sets of alloys all day long on there. I would advise anyone here to brush up on their grasp of the german language and have a good look at the list of literally 1000's of golf items for sale on german ebay.

I would never buy stuff again from a UK company unless i couldnt find it abroad.

you dont realise how ripped off we get in this country for car parts untill you shop abroad. Also, the germans take real pride in their stuff being good quality and delivery being fast.

I saved about ?400 on my set of 18" alloys and about ?200 on my coilovers. its silly!

how about some more prices ive just seen on German Ebay....

Anniversary replica front splitter? ?65.

Anniversary replica side skirts? ?99

Electric/heated "M" mirrors with baseplates ?75

Metal weld on bad boy bonnet extension ready to fit? ?29

and all this stuff is brand new!

Surf away boys!!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the input Tim. This german company do seem helpfull and have been regularly emailing me with answers to many of my questions. Not many UK firms seem to do that these days.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
do it. No question. Fantastic wheels and the best choice you have made so far.

I have had no problems dealing with german companys/individuals direct before, but maybe i have been lucky. If they are a reputable registered firm, then you should not have any problems.

AFAIK there would be no extra charges, but i have only imported small items before.

·
Registered
371 Posts
hey mike could you let me know how you get on? i am lookin for some wheels at the moment and really wanted these wheels but found them to be to expensive......but at that price its feasable!

thanks

Alex

·
Registered
282 Posts
What company is it? Do you have any contact details for them?

I'm after some 18" ASA AR1's from german ebay, just trying to find the best price at the moment. I've been quoted from between 34euros and 84euros for delivery as well.....whats the delvery costs for the rials? Very very nice wheels by the way, wish i could afford em!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote: posted by Alex1.8T on 25/10/2004 21:45:59

btw Mike is it through the link in the picture? I am presuming it is (www.tunershop.co.uk), just had a look at it!

looks good and free delivery![:D]

no its not through tunershop. its through some german aftermarket performance upgrade seller i found on google. he emails me right back with all my questions. delivery is 50 euros which is around ?35 and can be with us in 4-5 working days! better service than 99% of cowboys in this country!! i will ask his a price for 2 sets.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts