Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my R32.... But do I tune it to 300bhp and REALY enjoy it... or do I flog it and order a 250bhp MkV R32?

Answers on a postcard......

My mk4 is paid off,,,, If I get a mk5 it will cost ?400ish a month and will loose cash,,,,,,,,

HELP!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Given the mods that you have done so far will not have shored up the residual I would be inclined to say keep the car (you still love it [:p]) and take it further. However, I would say you may as well take it to 400 as 300 - get the turbo conversion!

The MkV R32 is still an unknown quantity and seems to be more like the MkIV 4Mo in concept and execution - a more focussed version being rumoured - I'd keep those plans for a change on ice.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
do the mk4........... the ?400 a month "saved" on the mk5 couldnt be FAR better spent on the MK4........300bhp ALL the way. supercharged one woudl hope.....

and the MK5 is just ugly.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Dude you shouldnt even be asking this question

keep the mk4 and tune it to 300 horses [:D]

as said before keep your ?400 a month to fund better things

·
Registered
641 Posts
Stick with your R32 and tune it to the 300bhp mark, the new R32 just looks too suttle imho.
I agree. When you see a mkiv R32 you instanly reconise it....and drool at it (or is that just me) [:$]

The mkv R32 just doesn't stand out enough. It looks to much like the G.T.I.

Stick with what you got and hit that 300bhp. Least when a mkv R32 tries it on with you the shock his face will make it all worth while [;)]

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Stick with the Mk4 Martyn - it would silly not too.

And please don't go down the cams route if you keep it. Speak to TTS
Roadposrt (advertisers on here) re. the SKN supercharger kit - they do
differing stages which should see well over 300.
Why not the cams route Mark? I thought thats what you did?

·
Registered
566 Posts
"When you see a mkiv R32 you instanly reconise it....and drool at it (or is that just me) [:$]"

Me as well! The looks of the MkIV R32 looks different to any other Golf and I think it was a great marketing decision by VW not to badge this model as a Golf. The MkV R32 really does look like a glorified MkV GTI. I say stick with MkIV and milk her for all she's worth!

~ Maxie

·
Registered
175 Posts
See how Helfingers SC conversion pans out in the next month, I'm more than tempted to go down that route. The extra money your going to shell out for a newer car just of just the same specs could be spent on some seriouse power and handling mods.

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Right I have been looking at pushing the 300BHP with my 4motion and have considered ALL alternatives, the deal is this

a SC will give you the power cheaply and easily (A VF kit can bought
and fitted for around ?2800 now) however the SC doesnt give the
midrange punch you woud expect for the money.

My money (If I hadnt spent it on my wedding ) would got EIP for a turbo
[email protected] around ?4500 with the current exchange rate, with this you will
easily push 400BHP and would be very Unique on these shores

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers guys...

I was thinking of going down the cams route for a while and seeing how that felt.....

But... From what I have read I dont want AMD to do the work...

I will order the sports cats and maybe consider a custom code for a while...

The 330bhp supercharger kit appeals.... BUT stories of the belt slipping on a regular basis puts me off....

At the end of the day my R is 2.5 years old and has only 20k on the clock..... Its a blinking virgin after all!

I am watching tyresmoke ATM.... One of the guys has just supercharged his at AMD - 360bhp... but they seem to have trouble getting it to run right[:(]

1 - 20 of 35 Posts