Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Quote: posted by NikB on 07/09/2004 20:26:53

I actually quite like that. If they made one for the TDi that would allow the upper strut brace to be in place that would be top notch.

Nik - I eventually fitted the Wiechers alloy strut brace from AAT and it clears the standard engine cover - just!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote: posted by Jonmurgie on 07/09/2004 19:46:40

Or you could go Carbon Fibre.... soon to be available from Forge:

Posted Image

Not to sure about these covers as they tend to look a bit odd, if there isn't a few other carbon fibre items under the bonnet, but that is just my taste. The finish on the carbon fibre cover looks very good..

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Quote: posted by MikeTDI on 08/09/2004 08:44:27

Quote: posted by NikB on 08/09/2004 08:30:25

Where do I find AAT?

http://www.advancedautosport.com/

im interested in a strut brace that clears the TDI cover too.

Nik/Mike - cost was ?99 or thereabouts - just beware;

(a) Lead time was over 2 months and AAT seem quite relaxed about shipping (I was warned of this from a seatcupra.net thread) so after the 6 week ETA I sent reminder emails and eventually the goods arrived.

(b) The brace rests against the cover but applies no pressure, and when the engine is revved this situation does not get worse. It took a bit of adjustment to get right.

(c) Don't expect a massive handling benefit. ARB's and bushes provide much better VFM.

I have some pics but cannot host so PM me with email address if this is of interest.

Manufacturer is http://www.wiechers-sport.de/ German for strut brace is Fahwerkstreben. Gott in Himmell Pig-Dog Schnell-Schnell! [:eek:)]

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Quote: posted by Richard on 08/09/2004 08:01:18

cage- do you mean the 1.8T covers are already available form ABD or the TDI ones are available from ABD?

For the 1.8T, I suppose companies will only develope Carbon Fibre engine covers for the TDi's if they have enough interest/demand for it.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Quote: posted by Gti Fly on 07/09/2004 19:41:40

Taking it off should make the engine run cooler, so you should gain about 15bhp by taking it off

Are you takin the pee matey ? 15bhp ? Surely not.. unless you've managed to fool me ! [:D]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.