Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So can you get a gt tdi with 130 bhp that does not have any of these extras?

im just wondering if a friend of mine has bought a tdi red d , red i with a gt badge stuck in front of it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
look in the boot under the carpet, it will say the kw. as far as i know
the gt's were 110hp + so 110hp in kw is somthing like 83kw. so 83kw +
is gt. i think lol

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
The imported versions had the third headrest in the rear and heated seats as standard, that along with an armrest, on the GT models. At least thats what my dealer told me when I purchased mine. No recaro's, just nice sporty seats!

·
Registered
927 Posts
i would say those items are standard on the 150, but available as options on lesser models

thus you could have a 130 with them-but as add-ons

going by badging is not that usefull, as the dealers put the badges on at will!....

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have the GTTDI 150...dont have recaros (well its not embroidered on them) and as far as i'm aware they are not heated, have no arm rest but has the third headrest in the back.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
As far as the 150 goes, centre headrest yes, the heated seats are options on the winter pack.

As for seats, standard fabric sports seats or Leather Recaro as an expensive option.

150pd only diesel to have sports suspension and 3rd headrest as standard.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Do all gt tdi's have recarosOptional, heated seatsOptional and centre head rests?Centre head rest fitted with 3 point rear belt - if the arm rest is fitted then you'll have a 2 point belt and 2 head rests
The amount of possible configurations is staggering - options sometimes seen on so many cars they're thought of as std. Some of the 150s on the UK market are import Highline spec without sports suspension or the centre headrest.......

So can you get a gt tdi with 130 bhp that does not have any of these extras?
Yes

·
Registered
81 Posts
My 130 PD GTI has leather, non recaro, heated seats, 3 rear headrests, + climate control, ASZ engine code It left the factory like it.

As previous posts I believe GTI PD 150 has all options fitted, all options were available on lower models.

Ade

·
Registered
81 Posts
My 130 PD GTI has leather, non recaro, heated seats, 3 rear headrests, + climate control, ASZ engine code It left the factory like it.

I also found out when I came to replace them that the suspension was "sports" type and the front disks are bigger.

As previous posts I believe GTI PD 150 has all options fitted, all options were available on lower models.

Ade

·
Registered
737 Posts
As far as the 150 goes, centre headrest yes, the heated seats are options on the winter pack.

As for seats, standard fabric sports seats or Leather Recaro as an expensive option.

150pd only diesel to have sports suspension and 3rd headrest as standard.
Gary is correct(I've just checked several VW MKIV brochures). There is a bewildering number of options; comparing a 130 and 150 TDI the standard seat specs were: 150TDI(same as 1.8T) had cloth sports seats with lumbar adjustment and 3 rear headrests but no armrests. The 130TDI(same as 2.0) had the same cloth sports seats but no lumbar adjustment, 2 rear headrests and armrests front & rear. If leather is specified you get the lumbar and heated seats included. In the time I've owned MKIVs(6 years) I've seen so many different variations it's hard to keep track. Regards imports; they vary even more; I've seen 2 GTIs(a 1.8T and 1.8n/a) with no rear headrests at all..

·
Registered
927 Posts
bear in mind, looking at a distance at a cars headrests isnt a good indicator of its spec......

for the simple reason that people take them out for whatever reason.

mine are often taken out, making it appear the car has none.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've got a GT TDI 115PD with non-heated, non-recaro cloth seats, an arm rest, and no centre head rest at the back. Pretty boring trim level in fact.

Though it DOES say on the sticker in the boot that its highline spec. Good points (dunno what options there actually were) are front and rear arm rests, aircon, in dash CD player & 6 CD changer in the boot... don't think it has sports suspension or big brakes?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I've got a GT TDI 115PD with non-heated, non-recaro cloth seats, an arm rest, and no centre head rest at the back. Pretty boring trim level in fact.

Though it DOES say on the sticker in the boot that its highline spec. Good points (dunno what options there actually were) are front and rear arm rests, aircon, in dash CD player & 6 CD changer in the boot... don't think it has sports suspension or big brakes?
yours is the same as mine then highlines are imports

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 1600 Trendline imported from a German Dealer brand new in 1999 and the specification is very different from what was offered in the U.K.

For example my car has tinted rear lights, darkened side repeater lights, front fog lights and 15'' steel wheels as standard from the factory as well as sports seats. When i first ordered it in late 1998 i ordered the Avus Alloy wheels, Sunroof and C.D player as options as well as the electric pack 2 which had electric windows and an M.F.A as these were not standard for the German Market so in effect my Trendline is a hybrid between U.K spec 'S' and 'SE' with a bit of GTI thrown in.

In addition the interior has the GTI sports seats but it trimmed in the 'Impulse' cloth trim as is in the u.k spec 'S' models. At the time of ordering these were available in a choice of colours that matched the exterior bodywork. The choices included Cosmic green, Futura Yellow, Tropic Orange ( remember that ! ) and black or grey. I went with the standard black as the thought of Candy White exterior with Cosmic Green seats make me queasy !

I think they should have offered this as a model in the U.K possibly badged as a Driver or such like.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts