Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[:D]Just thought i'd let you guys know....
Ive been in contact with john @ DNA Tuning and they are doing a switchable remap called srs.

Its a little box that uploads the code to your car (you do it yourself) throught the obd2 port.

The best thing about this remap is that the tuning/remap uploading box store's both your remap and your 'ORIGINAL VW CODE !.

You can load your ecu either with the original 'standard vw' map (unlike revo) or your tuned map.
Once the car is uploaded with your standard map there is no way to tell that your car has been running a tuned map. You are running your completely standard.vw code with no traces of remap code!

Also the box will hold 2 maps.. be it a standard and tuned or two tuned maps... its up to you what you want on it.

Should be good for 200bhp and 220 lbft of torque.

I just need to get rid of the revo trial code from my ecu and get my ecu flashed back to vw standard code (so i have a standard vw map on the box) ...then i'll be buying it

For the likes of revo with an sps1 box which is a very similar product it cost ?618 (with revo you will be able to tell the car is remapped)

so i'll be saving ?278.

John was telling me he needs to update his website so the prices you see on there are wrong as he is now using new tuning software.

email address for more info [email protected]

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Thanks, sounds good. Its This type of system is already available
though, Star Performance have been doing it for quite a while.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup... but that doesnt tell you if its been remapped. Just that its been flashed. and it could have been flshed for a number of reasons.[:D]...

Your car will be running its base vw code... not like when you switch it to standard with revo.
With revo it doesnt run the oem vw code. It runs revo code with vw stock parameters. And everyone will be able to tell that your remapped because of this (even though the car will drive like normal)

........You can reset the counter using customcode's software (the one thats free to download and like lemmiwinks).

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
........You can reset the counter using customcode's software (the one thats free to download and like lemmiwinks).
Which setting would that be? There's nothing obvious there.
Are you using an old version??.... its on the version i downloaded last week.

If you click on the limited edition button this screen pops up.

Posted Image

And if you click the reset programming counter button it resets your programming counter to 0.

[:D]

·
Registered
165 Posts
When was the last time you guys read of a "My remap has been detected by the dealer/insurance company!" post?

After 5 years amongst the VW scene and more than twice that online, I don't think I have read of such a thing.
Im not saying it isn't possible.. Its just that it seems so unlikely that its barely worth worrying about.

Never mind whether its detectable or not, just go for the company that does the best job of tuning your engine.

·
Vendor
231 Posts
There was a big thing on the US forums a couple of years ago about flash counters... our software resets flash counters to the last #.

Not that it's really an issue, unless you make it obvious or take a car into the dealer in performance mode then they're not going to look for anything. That goes with anyones software.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Geeeessss.... stealth maps??... if you modify your car including the ECU! TELL your insurance company! more fool you if you dont! Insurance isn't just there to get your car rolling again its there for other road users.... If you map it and the wing mirror falls off warrantee will repair it! if the motor or charger goes bang it wont! but surely you knew this when you started modding your car? The dealer could class changing the radio as modding if they wanted to

If they look hard enough they will find something!

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think the aim of this device is not too fool insurance companies but to cover up a mod for warrenty.

This is niether illegal or morally wrong.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I realise that but how many people just map their car and do nothing else?... any mod could invalidate warrenty from a DV to an exhaust system... lowering springs to a MP3 head unit... I never hidden the fact that my car was modded and it has a full VW service history and had its fair share of warrentee work.. it had its last set of coil packs outside warrentee infact.... would of been kinda hard convincing them that 328mm porker brakes were needed on 150hp motor!

·
Registered
658 Posts
You may have a good dealer, likewise you may have a good relationship with the dealer but some people dont.

Personally i have a great relationship with my dealers and all have looked after me but you hear of loads of horror stories.

Personally i always tell my insurance company about mods but to this day iver never told a dealer anything other than when i would prefer my car back.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Missed this post! To be honest I don't get much time on the web, hence the time I'm posting!

Maybe we could work out a group buy of one sort or another??? I know everyone likes a deal or two so hey suggest something and I'll see what I can do :)

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
My 2p's worth. As Cameron mentioned above, Star Performance have been doing this for some time. My car was mapped at Star and my box which they supplied for ?100 has Stars latest code on it as well as the stock AUQ code. I have swapped the car over from mapped to standard code and back several times and my local Seat Stealer never noticed when it was in for a service and warrnaty repair recently.

Seat also do not mind an after market exhaust on the car either - The only thing it affects is the warranty on the exhaust. I change over the other stuff like mounts, TIP, DV when it goes in to them though.

Another warranty repair tomorrow so back to the OEM AUQ Seat code tonight [:p][;)][:D]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts