Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a UK A3 2.0TDi SE 3Dr. Not advocating or promoting any of these brokers but they are the best prices I've found so far - base price OTR.

Drive the Deal ?17,505

Broadspeed ?17,577

UKNewCars ?17,649

Oneswoop ?17,792

Audi(Rec Retail) ?19,530 [B)]

Also rans were Autobytel, Virgincars and Buyyourcar, but as base price was over ?18k they were non-starters.

Drive the deal look cheapest, but they don't discount the options. UKNewCars, Oneswoop & Broadspeed do, so if you're looking to add a few bits from the options list then those might actually work out cheaper all in. I'm only going for about ?700 worth of extras and Drive-the-Deal, Broadspeed and UKNewCars are all within ?30 of each other, with Oneswoop ?200 more expensive all in.

Anyone else know of any good brokers, or had experience of ones to avoid[?] What about Audi dealers that are willing to offer good discounts - I'm in London so large choice within 100 miles, but who offers good prices and which dealers are good is something I have no experience of.

I'll take my quotes to my local Audi dealer - not optimistic that they'll match tho.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I don't think any Audi dealers offer money off.........it just aint in their volcabulary!

I did a similar excercise recently altho i just did the one test with Drive the Deal - and they seemed darn cheap.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
***New Entry***

Micronetshowroom ?17,197

That's almost 12% off retail! They also discount the options by an average of 10%. Saying UK sourced with full 3 year warranty. Never heard of them, anyone[?]

Foxy - heard that some do give discounts, but likely to be nearer 5% - don't think I've got any chance of getting 12% from my local - worth a try tho - they can only say no[:D]

Ahhhh - just had another look - delivery is ?480, or ?380 if you collect from them in Nottingham. So puts the price up to around the same level as Broadspeed, Drive the Deal and UKNewCars. Micronet website is also a bit kak to use, best call them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Guy at work is in the process of negotiating with his Audi dealer to matcn internet prices. He is getting there, they keep coming back with a "final" offer. He tells them it isn't good enough and they come back again. Mind you that is for a car in the showroom. It has been there for the last month.

Think sales maybe aren't that strong on premium cars now people are starting to realise borrowing money out the mortgage wasn't such a hot idea after all.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote: posted by Wish on 12/09/2004 13:53:26

Audi Deales Do give Discount !

Yeah but how much? I don't think I've got a chance getting 12%, Would be happy with 9/10% just to be able to buy locally. Thing is if the car has to be rejected for any reason then the internet broker's dealer could be 000's of miles away - that's my only worry - but I guess rejection's pretty unlikely. Of course could get lucky and find myself introduced to a dealer not too far away, but being in sloaney west London I'm not holding up much hope of that - all the dealers round here are probably too used to silly customers with more money than sense[V]

If anyone has had a good deal from an Audi dealer within 50 miles of London I'd be interested to know[^]

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote: posted by Irish on 12/09/2004 16:37:49

3 year warranty doesn't sound right anyway - unless you're paying for the 3rd year.

In England all Audi's come with 3 year/60,000 mile warranty to include roadside assist as standard. My VW did too. Is that not the case in Ireland?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote: posted by Irish on 12/09/2004 17:22:36

2 years with roadside assist...

So not only do you get clobbered with huge amounts of car sales tax, but you then get a less favourable warranty[:O]

But I guess that you have a lot more fun driving your car around that lovely Irish countryside than I do stuck in London traffic[:(]

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I can tell you the myth of green fields and fresh air is just that mate! It can take me 50 mins to travel 5 miles in the mornings too, I live in Dublin, not the countryside!!!

My car cost GB29K in your money so there's a thought!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL - Irish.

Yeeeouch for the price tho, that's gotta be getting on for 40/50% more than what we pay - you wanna be getting out there and looking for those mythological fields then ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
What the best thing to do is, take ur best internet price to ur local dealer. Show them your interested in ordering, you know your spec, and this is the price you can get. Match it or come close and you will consider buying from them.

If they want your bizness then they will try match it.

All the brokers/discounters buy from audi dealers anyway, you could probs phone them up and ask in which part of the country the dealer is located so as to avoid buying from a long distance dealer.

·
Registered
141 Posts
With Drive the Deal, the car will be a uk supplied one from a dealer anyway. The dealer might be miles away, but you can take it to any uk franchise...

A friend of mine got a Renault Clio from Drive the Deal, and she had time to inspect it etc when it was delivered to the door. It was ?3k cheaper than the dealers! Supplied by Renault Croydon...

I just purchased a Golf V from Virgin Cars, and my log book says it was supplied by Reg Vardy Volkswagen in Leicester. These brokers are obviously getting big discounts from UK dealers looking to keep the cash flowing, but then I'd guess when you're "drive the deal" and buying maybe hundreds of cars from them a year, you should be able to get a good discount.

I tried very hard to get my local VW dealer to match the price from Virgin Cars, but the best they could do was 6%, and Virgin was working out at around 11%. The thing the dealer kept banging on about was my name not being the 1st on the V5 if I brought from Virgin - who cares? I didn't if I was saving practically another thousand pounds...

Incidentally, Virgin said the car was registered the day of my order, but the agreements they had with the supplying UK dealer meant that it had to be registered with Virgin 1st - Is the Vardy empire scared of getting it's knuckles rapped from VW?!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tooks, that's interesting what you've said about Virgin/DtD - am sure people will get used to pre-registered so not going to be so much of a big deal. DtD still cheaper and no one's had a bad word to say about them so far.

James - that was a VW they matched the price on - I think you did well, got feeling Audi won't be as generous especially with the in demand TDi - but as you say can always go elsewhere.

btw - DtD have just put their prices up - don't know if it's all makes/models but now ?200 more for the A3 2.0 TDi SE.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts