Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i want to buy a tmc box for my satnav, and theres a seller on Ebay with 100% positive feedback, but he,s just emailed me to tell me that hes paypal account has been blocked?, he said that i can pay him through a bank transfer direct to his bank in Poland, does any one know how to do this?, and how much will it cost me?, also would you go for it, considering that he,s paypal a/c has been blocked?

zak

·
Registered
120 Posts
what is his ebay rating.(how many transactions) he may have 100% feedback but these maybe for items he bought. some scammers will buy cheap items from ebay to get there feedback score up then try and sell something and not deliver.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the 100% feedback is for items sold, he has sold i think 25 items, ive emailed one of the p[eople that bought 3 items from him, waiting for a reply from him, before i decide.

zak

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are thed etails that he sent me :

KRZYSZTOF ZYCH

Bank :

SPARKASSE SCHWEDT

IBAN: DE 31 1705 2302 0040 0138 06

SWIFT-/BIC-CODE: WELADED1UMX

I,m assuming his name is at the top, do you know how to do a bank transfer?, if so please tell!![:D], also how much is it to do the bank transfer?

·
Registered
120 Posts
ask for him to sort out his paypal. you have no comeback with a bank transfer. with paypal if you don't receive the item you can claim the money back

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Zak,

Steer well clear of this guy. The name is very similar to the guy thechief had major problems with.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I did a bank transfer to a seller on german ebay to buy my wheels (see wheels & tyres section), cost ?25 through royal bank of scotland. The transaction was outside of ebay though.

The guy I was dealing with had very high rating on ebay, lots of wheels old. Plus he was sales manager of an alloy wheel company, which I just checked against the German equivalent of the yellow pages....his business was there, with the same phone no. and address he'd given on his ebay page. I just wanted to se if the company actually existed, for a bit more piece of mind. Not exactly fool-proof but better than nothing.

I was still worried till the wheels showed up this morning though!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've been burned in exactly the same situation.

Yes, it's dead easy to send the money through your bank, only extra you might need is his full address and that of his bank, probably depends on how big a form your bank likes!

What's hard is doing anything if your gear doesn't turn up.

I'd definitely wait for those replies from other buyers although even then (OK, getting a bit conspiracy here) it could just be him. Also I'd make sure I had his address, speak to him on the phone (you call him) and maybe get extra pictures etc just to prove he is where he says he is and has the kit. Trust me, coming at it from the other end is a nightmare.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Be very careful mate, these items are a target at the moment for scammers it seems...

I know someone who won an auction for a Sat Nav system 3 weeks ago and paid by transfer. Left it a week with no replies then phoned to chase it and as soon as the guy realised who it was the phone went dead, needless to say its not answered anymore now. Ebay have strcuk him off & its gonna be a long process getting the money back and you really just dont need the hassle at this time of year. Even though you have the guys bank details & phone number when you report it to the police they dont want to know.

My advice - if its a big sum of money buy from the uk and view before you buy.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the replies guys!!, I have found the tmc unit on sale in the UK, for ?125 hopefully when i go to get it i can `bargain` him down a bit, i think i was quoted ?25 for the bank transfer, so i,ll leave it, dont want to lose any money and dont want any aggro!, which is what i,ll get buying from someone whos paypal a/c has been suspended!.

Zak

1 - 20 of 20 Posts