Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i was just wondering what are the big differences between the 2 engines?? apart from the turbo what i already know about.

thanks rob

·
Registered
961 Posts
4bar instead of 3bar injectors, ecu's different. the intake manifold is the opposite way round, eg the air comes in from the right, twin intercoolers, im sure someone else will go into the internals for ya

·
Registered
214 Posts
Quote: posted by ianhg on 23/03/2005 18:58:22

4bar instead of 3bar injectors, ecu's different. the intake manifold is the opposite way round, eg the air comes in from the right, twin intercoolers, im sure someone else will go into the internals for ya

And lower compression pistons (APX uses 20mm pin)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so which of these actually cause it to have more power?? also why when remapped does this engine give so much more??

thanks rob

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so if i changed the injectors and turbo on mine and added a front mounted intercooler, would that see me with more power??

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Prob better value for money just to get yourself the basic IHI turbo kit and that way you'll have a good 320 ish bhp. If you're not looking for as much power as the IHI offers then you should def consider the AM motorsport hybrid K04 turbo. More info on it can be found here: www.am-motorsport.co.uk. Also on a side note anyone who says they have over 280bhp on a 210/225 engine with standard K04 are being extremely optimistic.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok thanks for the responses guys, was just wondering if that sort of power after a remap was available from my engine

1 - 20 of 34 Posts