Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Sem - could be more though really couldnt it? as its often been said that the power figures when actually tested on a RR come out as high as 160 (for a PD 150) and 140 (for a PD 130).

·
Registered
518 Posts
i'm surprised that no-one has yet mentioned the 'T' word (so often associated with diesel power discussions)..... - surely its just a matter of time!

Only kidding guys. After reading the current issue of Golf+ - the 1.8T V PD article, i'm starting to seriously consider joining the diesel brigade.

Essex - why the interest? - you thinking of going to the dark side?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Sem - could be more though really couldnt it? as its often been said that the power figures when actually tested on a RR come out as high as 160 (for a PD 150) and 140 (for a PD 130).

These figures are often quoted but usually on rollers that either aren't setup properly or read high anyway. In reality most will be very close to their quoted outputs as standard.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Dont underestimate the Dark side [:D]

I think they put out about 153-155bhp in standard form, or remapped 185-190bhp as a true figure.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i can only quote standard on 2 different rollers for...156 for one and 158 for the other...and was reliably informed that not many pd150's he seen come close to the 148 factory settings and he showed me the later the model build the higher the figure including one of 162...so who knows what they were doing when they come out the factory?.I did notice one thing though all when chipped where max 193 and the average was 185-190 so didnt matter once remapped what u had to begin with...if that makes sense.I must admit i dont warrant remapping cos i had my 330D done and thats more than a match for most...so if i feel in the mood i take that and leave her the pd150..cos she dont know no different +the mileage factor comes into it ..bmw does 15k max PA and the 150 does up to 25/35K dependant on the work logistics.I would take the plunge u wont regret it ..like JACE says "come to the darkside"lol.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by Essex Escy on 15/04/2005 12:37:55

not thinking of turning dirty no......

just wondered what kinda gee gees they do....

mmmmm, I think your really got sooted on & feel ashamed LOL, but its OK, we all know how slow you guys are [:D]

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
He is indeed.... torque torque torque, blah blah blah... still a diesel, still smells, still smokes, still sounds like a tractor, and still only rev's to 5000rpm.

Can officially opened [:D]

·
Registered
518 Posts
Quote: posted by Chris on 15/04/2005 14:32:25

He is indeed.... torque torque torque, blah blah blah... still a diesel, still smells, still smokes, still sounds like a tractor, and still only rev's to 5000rpm.

Can officially opened [:D]

Well said Chris.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts

He is indeed.... torque torque torque, blah blah blah... still a diesel, still smells, still smokes, still sounds like a tractor, and still only rev's to 5000rpm, but kicks the ass of most 1.8t's[V]

PMSL [:D]

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Spoke to a guy at my local vw, and he told me that he's raced a 1.8T and a TDi 150 and the TDi 150 won by miles. It was ahead from the start, and just kept on pulling away!

Smokey, dirty, tractory, better!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Quote: posted by Jace on 15/04/2005 15:02:40

He is indeed.... torque torque torque, blah blah blah... still a diesel, still smells, still smokes, still sounds like a tractor, and still only rev's to 5000rpm, but kicks the ass of most 1.8t's[V]

PMSL [:D]

Haha, that would be the stock unmapped ones then? [;)]

1 - 20 of 49 Posts