Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there i have a turbo diesel and i know that there is a kit that is available for the turbo diesel, i know that this doesnt make any performance or anythign, but what is the dump like is it still quite loud and noticeable from a distance, what is the installion like would it be easy to fit yourself, any help woudl be much appreciated

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi there, i have a 110 TDI and have had a dump valve fitted to it... been in there for the past 4 months... the loudness depends on how much pressure is built up with respect to time... for example... if i put my foot fully down for about 3/4secs... and then let go... the sound VERY VERY noticible.... however, if you let the pressure build up slowly then the result isnt that impresive...bottom line is if you want to turn heads you deffienatly can!... hope this helps

·
Registered
318 Posts
DV on a diesel , are you crazy ? The biggest waste of money ever , you may as well pee your money against the wall it`ll be more fun.There`s totally no need for a DV on a diesel as there is no throttle valve that closes in the inlet tract when you lift off the gas and so no back pressure to release but hey if you like the harsh sound of diesel induction roar then that`s your choice.

[:^)]

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
It really is a personal thing , if you want the noise fit one if you dont ............dont .........there is really no need to change the wheels on you car as the ones that come from the factory do the job , but still................!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hang on, this is the tuning forum, not the Bling forum. I thought the idea here was to make cars perform better, spend money to make the car go faster not sound like a chavmobile. What next Blue LEDs?

·
Registered
354 Posts
What have 19" rims to do with tuning? Handling (or lack of) possibly, but not tuning.

I have a simpe rule for tuning stuff, does it improve performance or is it a Max Power mod?

Bling is in the eye of the beholder I suppose........

·
Registered
558 Posts
Nobody ever said it was part of a tuning modification.  Its on the market for people that want to buy it...it doesn't pretend to make a car faster, handle better or improve ride.  Those people that buy it know this.  I'm not arguing the merits of fitting one but equally I'm not knocking those that do fit one.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts