Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Derv doctor do them. No advantages on a diesel though with them having no throttle body.

You can fit one just for the noise, but I would think it would play hell with your MAF data. May be wrong though.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
There's topics covering this, should search on the topic of dump valve and diesels.

But basically it's not good - it's bad it,s basically a leak in the system, tdi don't need a dump valve/bov like it's petrol counterparts. Fitting one in your case will definately mean a loss of performance/economy.

It also doesn't sound like a dump valve/bov fitted on petrol counter parts.

If you still want to fit one then, you can fit any dump valve/bov, I'll have my forge split-r for sale soon if you can wait a week.

·
Department of Cheeseburger Consumption
5,677 Posts
Normal BOV's may cause your turbo to stall . Decatting would release a few horses but a straight through exhaust would just make it sound appalling unless it was a really fancy pants system, you'd also have to get the system diameter correct to optimise performance.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
cut the cat out and you will get a slight flutter noise

take the back box off and if you can live with the noise under load you will love the flutter when you let off.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Glad you changed your mind, a decat is definately a must on a derv or atleast I would recommend it, it's cheaper than buying a replacement cat, it frees up a few horses and gives more torque, plus best bit of it all is you won't have any problems with emissions when it comes to MOT [Y]

·
Registered
655 Posts
Sorry for this stupid question but if you decat a gttdi130, it will pass mot, and will give the advantages listed on this thread?!

·
Registered
747 Posts
i have a used derv doctor dump valve that was on my pd130... just the dump valve itself

2 slight wear marks, superficial only, brushed aluminium with derv doctor engraved on it

?50 to your door

1 - 13 of 13 Posts