Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New diesels registered from 1st January 2006 will not be liable to the 3% discount as the Government is removing it. Whilst not a massive amount of difference, I'd rather have the money in my pocket each month.

It will put the GT TDi to 20% tax til April then 21% from April 5th.

Only thought about it due to my car being replaced so have sent an e-mail to the stealer requesting registration on or before 31st December 2005.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
If its like Ford providing there is a chassis number in existance you can register a car, even if its not physically built. But then that will also depend on how good your dealer is.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i got the following reply from my dealer:

have now spoken to Nethra, who advises me that Volkswagen are not able to contribute towards your tax liability. The alternatives to you therefore

are:

1. Keep your original car in the hope that the problems have now been resolved.

2. Take the new car in January but pay the additional tax

3. Take a lower specification car from stock that can be delivered in December, and Volkswagen will refund the difference in price.

Not happy [8o|] - why should I pay ?25 per month extra because VW have supplied a faulty product ?? Am tempted to walk away - have really had enough now[:(][:(][:(]

·
Registered
689 Posts
Have you asked for a list of cars in stock?

When i got mine, i got free folding mirrors as the car was in stock and had all the other options i wanted.

Edit

Either that or capitalise the tax and ask for the money off sraight away. its the least they can do

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have loads of options at the moment - I can't find a car with the same. I suppose I could go for :

black, satnav, winter pack, p/sensors. Alloys are neither here nor there as they are a bolt on. A sunroof is nice but not the end of the world.

I've found a black 5dr GTi with satnav, leather & xenons and 11000 miles for ?21K - its a 54 reg...suppose I could ask the dealer to price that...[*-)]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I think it goes along the lines of ...

As a friend, I just thought I should say to you, that of course in this time of need, you know you want to [;)]

Only problem could be your mileage tho [:|]

C

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mine has 10K on it..oh..you mean mileage per year ? I'm not worried about that at all..its the tax implications.

A GTi would cost abt ?185 per month as opposed to ?118 per month ( or ?140 per month if i have to pay the extra tax ). I know thats not alot of money but its the reason i went for a diesel

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
You're forgetting to weigh in your GrinFactor(TM) mate [;)]

And think of the remap - you wouldn't NEED to have mine when I get (I
mean IF) banned, you'd have your own. And two would be just
greedy [:D]

C

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't see why not..I like VWs. As you know i've had about 8 or 9 - maybe its the dealer that is the problem. If my tax is going to be ?140 for a diesel or ?185 for a GTi, there's no contest IMO. Plus i still have that free trip to Superchips to use [:D]

Natalie wants me to get an Audi A3 but a few friends have had problems with theirs....maybe its VAG ?

[*-)] x lots

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
ROFL - you need to try before you buy, and I mean proper try mate!
[y] And I thought you'd gone off VWs after "recent events" [n]

Isn't the superchips trip usable on either ? (GT or TD)

C

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
true - being slung around the back seat [:|] by a looney on a Sunday morning isn't any good is it ?[:D]. My hands are tied really - its the company's money so they will pay about ?1400 more and thats that. So i kinda have to stick with VW

Yep, I can take my new car to them for the remap - it doesn't matter what model it is

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Heh now that'd be well funny if you turned up to the next gathering of golf lovers in a GTI... Go for it [;)]

C

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I thought once a chassis number was allocated the car could be registered, I guess its the case of an unhelpful dealer. Have you tried other VW dealers, I know the Ford dealer I use has prefered dealers, so although they may have access to any new fords they don't always make people aware of it. Or VW could always waiver the excess mileage charge to cover the additonal monthly car tax payments.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Or VW could always waiver the excess mileage charge to cover the additonal monthly car tax payments.
Unusually that's the daftest thing I've ever heard you say Steve - no chance with VW [:|]

And Damian - go on, you know you want to [;)]

C

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hmmm - talked to my missus - she said "tell em to ( at-hum) go away " - you aren't paying more tax.

My boss said the same - he thought it was a liberty and he won't be paying any more than he has already agreed

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the dealer called me again last night

"from stock" means buying a car that the dealership has ordered speculatively ie with no intented customer. He said that there are no cars on the VW database with a spec like I have - satnav is rare and certainly not ordered in speculation.

So I said no to this idea.

I told him that I didn't see why I should have a lower specced car than the one that I have purchased AND be expected to pay more tax just because VW made a lemon. This extra tax will cost be around ?1K over the life of the car and its not my fault so I'm not willing to pay it.

He tried to argue

I mentioned "press" and "watchdog"

He's off to see what he can do

1 - 20 of 30 Posts