Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had nothing this year as usual but I flogged the last of my shares here and bought a Canon 30D and some other camera equipment so I guess that's them giving me something... Had my 5 year service award last month... 2 plastic pens which will be on ebay tonight for some Citrix loving geeks to bid for. Someone will want em!

So, what did your work give you as a thank you for Christmas?

David

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
A night out bowling , drinking and a meal.

3 bottles of wine,

1 crate of Red Stripe.

And a lump of something the tax man wont know about.[;)].

So all in all,i am a happy bear.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Nothing in my pay packet

But

When had an all expense paid night out last friday night as much food & drink as you can hold, & we had a raffle, minimum prize was ?50 (tax free), plus a room in a quality hotel

This year it was the new RADISSON just off the china town area of brum, floor to ceiling windows, bonkers view......

Posted Image

·
Registered
170 Posts
I got a night out + meal + drinks at a lovely hotel in London (The Grosvenor) and a not to shabby bonus so I can't complain really!

I really don't understand these companies that give their employees nothing at Christmas - even if its just your boss taking you out for a couple of drinks it helps to boost morale and show some appreciation of your hard work throughout the year.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
No XMAS bonus but a nice bonus from last month, plus lots of OT so a decent paypacket.

Plus a works night out, free meal, beer, wine, few free spirits and mixers, an appreciation speech by the MD,

And 4 bottles of wine from my manager

And a payrise followed 2 days later by a promotion

So I cant mumble.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
I got the following:

about 20 different types of alcohol

boxes of chocolates (laced with alcohol)

mainly champers though

funny thing is, i dont drink

hafizur

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I got a couple of hefty hangovers and a case of the runs.  I am still recovering 'working from home' after lasts night carnage. We don't tend to get Christmas presents as we are an American Company, although it does depend on which Division you are in.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
That's my work, tall building bottom right!! Centre City Tower
So thats the City Tower in Birmingham

People keep mistaking my work place (Also City Tower) for that place

Had a few people phone up saying they are 5 minutes away, turns out they are 3 hours away

Hafizur

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Christmas do at the Rose Bowl and overnight stop at the Holiday Inn Express next door.

Also some folding in the way of dividends as it has been a good few months and the accountant said we could.

I'd like to know how some of your Companies get round you having to pay Tax on any Staff functions that exceed ?150 in any one Tax year. As I'm sure that some of them must go over ?150 a head.

Seen the latest that the Tax man now wants to Tax Blackberrys as a BIK if they are used to receive personal emails.

Paul

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's my work, tall building bottom right!! Centre City Tower
Used to work in Centre City Tower a few years back - always a nightmare when there was a fire drill! Worked for a financial training company, and with hundreds of students to clear out and register check, then queue at lifts etc - if fire drill started at 2pm then you could kiss goodbye to any more work that day!

Ian

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Just got back from work, We had a meal out last week , all paid for including drinks.

Bit of money in my back pocket enough for a v.decent night out [;)]

Bottle of Jack Daniels

Tons of beer

Plus should see an increase in the bonus next month [y]

·
Registered
720 Posts
I got 2 big bottles of magners from my managers for my xmas thank you. Bonus time will be coming up soon though, which better be good.....!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I work for a local authority so the usual tradition of feck all applies - they won't even allow you any extra time off to fund your own Christmas Lunch and they wonder why people leave to work for private companies[:(]

Anyway, Happy Christmas[:)][G]

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
a free work do in the press hall, christmas hamper with all sorts in it and a buffet lunch today, no bonus for me cos i've only been there 2 months. not too shabby, plus management appreciate you, which is nice!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
2 bottles of wine last year.

Nothing this year as I've not been in work. Got invited to the senior management party in london tho but couldn't go due to holiday in US. It got cancellend anyway (not cos of me not being able to attend lol)

No xmas bonus but next month I get the 2nd chunk of last years bonus.

Then in May I hope I get the 1st chunk of this years bonus

[:D]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts