1. is a very good album

2. haven't listened to yet

3. just listening to now - and it sounds like a real find - if you like
indie/alternative type music, I would highly recommend this one

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I didn't, but you've gotten 3 of the best albums of this year [:D]

Listen to Arcade Fire, its wonderful stuff - it says something when U2 open their gigs to one of their tracks, and Bowie dueted with them the other month.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
i got 3...

Ciara - Goodies

Kanye West - Late Registration

Kanye West - College Dropout

ciara's not too bad but i haven't tried the other 2

·
Registered
26 Posts
we are scientists are tops!!!!!!! someone really likes u mate!

oh and the kanye west albums are both fantastic he is soooo much better than 50 cent n all tht RnB and rap without the chav!

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I got the NME best of cd..

and a one hour mix of old school rave stuff from my mate who is into his djing. He mixed it all on his pc and we listened to it in her car yesterday.. it's bloody good considering he wasn't using his decks [:)]

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
oh and the kanye west albums are both fantastic he is soooo much better than 50 cent n all tht RnB and rap without the chav!
yeah i hadn't heard much apart from his single before now but he is really clever, much like eminem but a little less psycho

he seems like an intelligent individual rather than just another gang-member trying to make it

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I didn't get any but bought some for myself. I've got Foo Fighters - In
Your Honor and Faithless - Forever Faithless in the Play.com sale.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I got two.........

Radiohead - Pablo Honey ,

Unkle - Edit Music for a Film Original motion picture soundtrack reconstruction (yes that is the title of the album)

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I got two.........

Unkle - Edit Music for a Film Original motion picture soundtrack reconstruction (yes that is the title of the album)
....and what an album! Have you got the other Unklesounds mixes and Lavelle's Fabric mix? [:)]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
No mate, only this and Psyence Fiction.

Are they any good?
Errrrrrr just a bit! You need them in your life if you like what you have already[:D];

• UNKLE - Never Never Land - Second artist album. Very Floyd-ey and Ian Brown appears again. Choon used as soundtrack for all track tests on Fifth Gear [;)]. The CD/DVD edition has some amazing videos.
  • Global Underground #23 - James Lavelle - Barcelona - 2CD mix
  • Unklesounds - Big Brother is Watching You - 2CD mix mash-up
  • Unklesounds - Do Androids Dream of Electric Beats - 3CD mash-up variation on the one above.
  • Unklesounds - WWIII - 2CD mix, one CD with the Scratch Perverts
  • FabricLive 01 - James Lavelle - The seminal Lavelle mix IMO.
  • DJ Shadow - Endtroducing - I think this was 1996, and it's getting caned as background music on every BBC3 documentary.
  • DJ Shadow - The Private Press
  • DJ Shadow - Live! In Tune and On Time - how the hell does this man do this mixing live?
  • Mo'Wax - Headz - classic downtempo compliation

As you can tell I'm a bit of a completist but all this lot and more are on rotation on the iPod in my car.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Sounds good.

I've got most of Shadow's stuff, including what you've mentioned, love
Entroducing, but not a fan of Private Press, a very weak album in my
opinion, Giving up the ghost being the only stand out track on the
album, and even that isnt exactly earth shattering!

Have you got Pre-emptive Strike?, that is the album Private press
should have been.....What does your soul look like part 2, amazing!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Sounds good.

I've got most of Shadow's stuff, including what you've mentioned, love Entroducing, but not a fan of Private Press, a very weak album in my opinion, Giving up the ghost being the only stand out track on the album, and even that isnt exactly earth shattering!

Have you got Pre-emptive Strike?, that is the album Private press should have been.....What does your soul look like part 2, amazing!
Fair enough I don't mind it but I agree it pales in comparison to his first. I do think his mix with Cut Chemist is another goodie.

I haven't got that Strike album, but reading Amazon I find that I have more than half the tracks already including all 4 versions of WDYSLL, Influx, High Noon and Organ Donor. [:)]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Errrrrrr just a bit! You need them in your life if you like what you have already[:D];

• UNKLE - Never Never Land - Second artist album. Very Floyd-ey and Ian Brown appears again. Choon used as soundtrack for all track tests on Fifth Gear [;)]. The CD/DVD edition has some amazing videos.
  • Global Underground #23 - James Lavelle - Barcelona - 2CD mix
  • Unklesounds - Big Brother is Watching You - 2CD mix mash-up
  • Unklesounds - Do Androids Dream of Electric Beats - 3CD mash-up variation on the one above.
  • Unklesounds - WWIII - 2CD mix, one CD with the Scratch Perverts
  • FabricLive 01 - James Lavelle - The seminal Lavelle mix IMO.
  • DJ Shadow - Endtroducing - I think this was 1996, and it's getting caned as background music on every BBC3 documentary.
  • DJ Shadow - The Private Press
  • DJ Shadow - Live! In Tune and On Time - how the hell does this man do this mixing live?
  • Mo'Wax - Headz - classic downtempo compliation

As you can tell I'm a bit of a completist but all this lot and more are on rotation on the iPod in my car.
Strange, I have all those too, you'd never think it would you.

I've got the limited 1000 copies verion of "music for a film edit" too, never dare play it though, just the play the normal copy.

If your a shadow fan, try & get hold of a copy of his colab with shepard farly of Obey clothing, its called "Funky Skunk", it was part of the "Pubic Works" issue box set, I think it may be available on its own off fleabay if your lucky, I've seen a few people splitting the T's & selling them off on their own.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Thanks Jace I thought you'd be along at some stage or other [;)]

On your recommendation I have just bought some (legal!) Funky Skunk for ?16 from a private seller on Amazon. Looking forward to hearing it! [:D]

James

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Hi Jace.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

Surprise surprise the Amazon private seller turned out to be a shop, and has emailed to say they are out of stock. They have asked for a couple of weeks to restock, but I understand the CD formed part of a pack and is deleted so I?ll wait and see what happens. Rest assured as a fellow Mo?Waxer I?ll let you know what happens.

James

1 - 20 of 20 Posts