Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I was just wondering what your experiences have been with how much fuel you received the car with, as i had assumed it would be full but been reading otherwise

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
I work at a car dealers & unless the customer specifies a full tank in the deal when buying the car we normally only put £20 in it

·
Registered
174 Posts
I work at a car dealers & unless the customer specifies a full tank in the deal when buying the car we normally only put £20 in it
That's what I got. Round about a 1/3 of a tank. I've heard some people get barely enough fuel to get to the nearest petrol station [:O]

As others more in the know that me have stated, there is no standard stating you should get a full tank.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I used to sell cars..it depends what you buy but generally we used to give enough fuel to get to the nearest petrol station..(unless she was a hottie!) [kiss]

·
Registered
78 Posts
I used to sell cars..it depends what you buy but generally we used to give enough fuel to get to the nearest petrol station..(unless she was a hottie!)
That was all I had in mine when I got it :(

·
Registered
934 Posts
My mate recently bought a mk6 Golf. One of conditions was a full tank of fuel. He drove off to realize down the road that he had hardly any petrol and had no idea where the fuel station was. He headed back rather unimpressed (and got directions and nothing else if I recall correctly).

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The garage i bought my car off made be put a tenner in whilst we were test driving it!

This was the car advertised as having tax and test.. had neither, and turned out to be written off... so i had to get a VIC test done by VOSA.

Last time i'm buying anything from a used car garage [:D]

·
Registered
216 Posts
It showed a 1/4 tank so I went to a fuel station and tanked it 47ltr.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really didnt expect this from a company of vw's standard. I mean you pay 21k for a car the least you can expect is a full tank, its not that im being cheap or cant afford it, its just nice to offer this kind of service. will be having a word with the dealer befor final payment for the car

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Guys - nobody buys a VW and gets £70 of free fuel unless its something specifically negotiated by you as part of the deal. No dealer will loose a sale by witholding fuel and/or floor mats but at the same time they dont give them away!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
generally what ever has been left in from previous owner or since accident etc but if it runs dry we stick half of a 5 gallon drum in,

1 - 20 of 32 Posts