Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I used it years ago as my brother in law used to apply it for a well know top end Dealer, If you have someone apply it your paying for labour as the products trade value is about ?50.00

They used to charge customer ?350.00 for Jag sized car.

It's Ok and the paintwork feels smooth as glass IF correctly applied,but I wouldn't pay for it again,even at trade prices, you get as good a result with a clay bar and good quality wax.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I have heard some rave things about the stuff, but I also know you should top it up a few times a year. It will give your paint a long protection that a cab based waxed will not, however diamond brite + cab based waxed then your talking business ;)

I personally will be buying some on fleabay nearer to teh time when my new GTI arrives as I am not forking out for the supagaurd (rip off) and will then top it up QTRLY and wax every few weeks. At least I know the paint is still protected when the wax wears away as some waxes evaporate over time.

For 10 quid, I would get some, but remember to keep waxing.,

·
Registered
98 Posts
Had this applied to my New Mercedes back in 1999,it made washing the car off very easy.Once applied it is true you require to top it up by adding 2-5ml in your bucket....But have to say it was brilliant...This cost then ?300 and as someone said a good % of that was labour,the second Mercedes I brought was second hand and again had this put on,but this time through the back door,had a word with the lads who applied it paid cash ?100.......

I brought some of E-B-Y and did it myself excellent................only cost ?11.00 all in............

Go for it..................

·
Registered
906 Posts
I got my last golf diamond drighted by my sisters boyfriend, his dad had a valet company. I found it good just kept forgetting to use the conserve to help it harden. 6months after applying it, he started talking about Lifeshine.

He said Lifeshine is easier to apply and take off, lasts just as long and givess a good shine. My current golf has lifeshine applied and posted pictures after i had applied it.

In aberdeen they used to use supaguard until people found out it had ammonia in it, which isn't good for your paint. Not sure if they have changed supaguard so can't say it still has ammonia still in it.

Think it is down to personal choice

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Diamond Brite rules!

Gives great shine, but most importantly the shine/protection lasts for
months and months (typically 6months before needing to use conserver
top up).

It's cheap on ebay (about ?10), I sell it for ?15 (stage 1 and
2), but my stuff is 100% real, sometimes stuff on ebay is dodgey!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I bought some of GTiFly, and like he says it rules. I have to say my car looks better after a year using it, than the garage gave it to me brand new.

It is quality stuff. Look at the shine

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
i just get it all free from work hehe BONUS

we use diamond bright.and it honestly isnt worth payin all that money to have it applied.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Would it be a bit adventurous to attempt Diamondbrite treatment at home? Read loads of articles (funnily enough from car detailers/bodyshops) warning against a DIY application. What do you all think? Is it something you can apply by hand, or is it best machine applied? How have you all gone about getting that amazing shine?!

Paul

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Would it be a bit adventurous to attempt
Diamondbrite treatment at home? Read loads of articles (funnily
enough from car detailers/bodyshops) warning against a DIY
application. What do you all think? Is it something you can
apply by hand, or is it best machine applied? How have you all gone
about getting that amazing shine?!

Paul
The reason you see/read funny articles about it being a proffesional
only job is so they can justify charging ?250 or more for a glorified
wax session!

Applying Diamond Brite to your car is just done by hand and a cloth, it's NO DIFFERENT to what u already know.

U don't need machines, and you don't need fancy materials to use it

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Would it be a bit adventurous to attempt Diamondbrite treatment at home? Read loads of articles (funnily enough from car detailers/bodyshops) warning against a DIY application. What do you all think? Is it something you can apply by hand, or is it best machine applied? How have you all gone about getting that amazing shine?!

Paul
The reason you see/read funny articles about it being a proffesional only job is so they can justify charging ?250 or more for a glorified wax session!

Applying Diamond Brite to your car is just done by hand and a cloth, it's NO DIFFERENT to what u already know.

U don't need machines, and you don't need fancy materials to use it
Agree with Gti Fly

Nothing special about application,the most important thing is paintwork preperation before applying, there weird thing is you need to spray water on the product,as water acts as it's catalyst.

Apply to small areas at a time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Guys, What process would you use for a 3 week old Black GTI (06), i have some lifeshine so i would like to use this + sp21?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I got some of this in a gb a while ago and only used last week.It came with shampoo,conditioner and the 2 small bottles.

First i washed the car, then condition'd it with a rinse.This left a sort of dirty film,sort of smelling of fuel.(I did panick at first)

I then applied the stage 1 in a sort of up and down styile,let it go off then applied stage 2.Thier was a lot less effort in ysing this to normal polish/wax jobs,Then buffed it of.

Easy,and looks wickid.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Guys, What process would you use for a 3 week old Black GTI (06), i have some lifeshine so i would like to use this + sp21?
I would see the detailing section as there is a big thread on there about what people use. I agree with the above though it is the preperation that is important. After just doing diamond brite on mine for the 1st time I would definatly recommend a claybar first.

If you have lifeshine applied from new then I would recommend the ps21 gloss enhancing paintwork cleanser, before using ps21 to prep the bodywork. What I would also say is you need to put a protection on afterwards. I used poorboys ex sealant, but if you read the thread there is lots of good advice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts