Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all oks i am a bit clueless when it comes with rubber, i ve got some Diamonback 225/45 17 94v on my TT comps on my Mk4 ATM and need to get two new tyre's for the rear at some point the fronts are in great condition so don't need to change them, so going to put them on the rear when i get the new tyers so putting fresh rubber on the front i dont need anything special as i am only running a massive 90BHP [au] lol and haven't got the £ to change all four.

So i have some Q's

1. I think the Diamonback's which i currently have are fairly good tyre's but i ve had these on since i got the car so i dont have anything to compare them with, so has any one got a review on them or a opinion on them etc are they any good should i stay away from them etc.

2. Would running with a different tyre types on the rear affect my car at all ? don't think it would but would like to know

Told you i was clueless lol

Thanks

·
Registered
473 Posts
dont think it will matter at all if theres different brands on front and back. but it looks neater when they match lol.

cant comment on any brands tho as im in the same situation and looking for tyres

i think toyo proxes are good, bout 100 pound a tyre

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dont think it will matter at all if theres different brands on front and back. but it looks neater when they match lol.
Very true, would get the same to replace the two i need as i ve never had a problem with them were great in the ice and snow and the tread looks meatty lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts