Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
in addition to the Diamond Brite kit i bought a clay bar pack which also included a spray, which when used makes more lubrication for the clay bar.

this is what i did:

1. washed car with cold water/diamond brite shampoo. did this in sections.

2. while each section was still soapy i sprayed section with lub then clay bar'd.

3. once all sections were done, i dried whole car with a cotton cloth.

4. i then applied stage 1. by the time i had finished, it was time to apply stage 2 on top of stage 1.

5. once both stages were on, i gave it 15 mins to glaze properly. then proceded to buff off.

I'm sure others may have a different way, but as this was my 1st attempt it went well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Good work Dazer!

I have to agree, the Diamondbrite (cheers Gti Fly) is worth the hard work.

Spent the best part of 5 hours preparing & applying it to my Black Magic Fabia vRS. The results are truly outstanding. The paint work looks & feels like glass! Water beads up & glides off.

Unfortunately, I ran out of daylight after I had finished, so no pics for proof. But I'll try to take some this weekend.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
forgot about that oxford, but yes very good point. did find there was some residue left after claying and would suggest also to wash after. by the way cheers GTI, great product.[:D] now going to do the wife's MG.....

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
have fun mate! [:)]

its rewarding isnt it!

Show some of mine to my uncle and gave him a bit (he runs a small company) and we tried it on some of the white transits he has, he was amazed by the amount of crud it got rid of even just after the car was washed.

Been using it on my car for over a year now, I only do it every 3 months or so!

·
Registered
10,606 Posts
Dazer that MG's looking well shiney!!

It's true about Diamond Brite making darker colours shine even more. We tried it on my friends Deep Blue R32, and it looked darker and more pearlescent straight away. Same again when we did a brand new Range Rover too.

it's good sh.t this Diamond Brite stuff!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by Gti Fly on 08/02/2005 18:20:23

Dazer that MG's looking well shiney!!

It's true about Diamond Brite making darker colours shine even more. We tried it on my friends Deep Blue R32, and it looked darker and more pearlescent straight away. Same again when we did a brand new Range Rover too.

it's good sh.t this Diamond Brite stuff!

Jason how much will you charge to help me mate as you seem to enjoy it.... [;)][;)]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.