Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Not sure about non VAG dials - like the white ones popular with Max'd Novas..?

A good OEM mod is to swap the Golf cluster for a Bora Sport set.

HTH

Allan

·
Registered
228 Posts
A good OEM mod is to swap the Golf cluster for a Bora Sport set.

HTH

Allan
I've been trying to find out if this mod is possible on a 2000
model, as currently I only have the half-sized FIS (bit with
mpg's etc in) and would like the full-sized with radio channel etc
displayed. Any ideas?

Ta,

b6x

·
Registered
829 Posts
Just had a look for some aftermarket dials on the BigBoysToys site - didn't find any, but I did see that they sell Throbber gearknobs...

Maybe they do these for CTR's....[;)]

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Anyone with a pic as to what the bora sport cluster looks like?
Also, how about the car's mileage? That doesn;t get tampered with
does it? Will it fit a 2000 MkIV? Anyone?

·
Registered
112 Posts
if my car doesnt already show info in the FIS box, will fitting another dash with FIS functions display that info if fitted in my car?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
if my car doesnt already show info in
the FIS box, will fitting another dash with FIS functions
display that info if fitted in my car?
I'm in the same situation as you mate and, judging from the lack of
response, I'd say a full size display won't work if our cars currently
have the smaller display!

·
Registered
175 Posts
You can change a cluster with a small display for a larger one (even if it is one with the display in the rev counter) as long as you get a compatable immobiliser one and get any Necessary SKSs or a dealer will do it for you, although he may say he can't but he most certainly can

p.s. if your new cluster reads more than 100km or possibly mile in the oddometer you are stuck with what it reads

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
You can change a cluster with a small display for a larger one (even if it is one with the display in the rev counter) as long as you get a compatable immobiliser one and get any Necessary SKSs or a dealer will do it for you, although he may say he can't but he most certainly can

p.s. if your new cluster reads more than 100km or possibly mile in the oddometer you are stuck with what it reads
Ah right, a couple of things - what are 'SKSs' and my car doesn't have a vw radio/cd unit, it's a panasonic one, that'll affect it won't it?

·
Registered
175 Posts
SKC are secret key codes you can no longr get them from dealers and are needed to match your new cluster and keys. If you are looking an FIS it will have better display graphics but with an aftermarket head unit you will lose the function that displays the radio  station

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Thanks for that TIW30, you've really cleared it up! It seems Mikedav has added something to this forum that's going to be of more interest to me!! Mike, do all the Bora dials look like yours? I have a TDi and I'd bet money your dials have a higher rev/speed range than my current ones!! If I was to get a Bora cluster without the FIS, would that need the SKCs/any re-wiring?

·
Registered
112 Posts
his revs go higher because his is a petrol engine

you need to find out if there is a dash like the sport dash that is made for tdi's!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.