Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a brand new vw fox as a courtesy car while my golf is in the bodyshop. As a lot of you have probably read I haven't done much apart from moan about it. However there is something I am starting to like about it.
When the ignition is on the red needles on the dials are constantly lit up even when the lights aren't on. Is there any way I can get my golf to do this.
Cheers.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
yes mate get someone with vagtacho to activate lit needles, chrisr did mine at the weekend and they awesome [Y]

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
correct me if im wrong old n07 but depends on year of car as to if you have immo2 or immo3 clocks and will need to scan the clocks to see if they vdo or bosch

·
Registered
60 Posts
yes mate get someone with vagtacho to activate lit needles, chrisr did mine at the weekend and they awesome
he did mine last year along with alarm beeps and auto lock. heard alot of people saying it goes wrong but iv had no problems

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the help guys. old n07, I'm pretty sure mine are immo2. They are the same as the 4th picture down in your cluster FAQ. Does this mean that lit needles can't be done to mine.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Sorry for the slight hijack but, I've just been looking through your Cluster FAQ thread, I had my clocks out the other night to fit Bora sport faces on them, mine are Motometer, that's left me confused as to wether I can have anything done to them, they used to look like the 1st ones pictured in your thread and my car is Y plate, registered 07/01

1 - 17 of 17 Posts