Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have had on my 1.8T AGU erratic idling for about a year, but I am now gonna try and fix it. It idles at about 1000 to 1400 all the time. VAGCOM brought up the following code:

00282 - Throttle Position Actuator (V60): Implausible Signal

I have reset this, and it still pops up. I have so far cleaned throttle body twice and added new gasket and cleaned the MAF

I have also been having problems with my cruise control not working all the time. I have been advised to order a new clutch switch, which could cure this issue. Going through the forum last night, someone else mentioned that it could also fix the idling issue. So anyway, this is the order of what I "think" I should do...

reclean MAF and TB

Order and install new clutch switch

if not worked, order and install new throttle actuator (I heard these are about £80 from stealers)

If not worked, order and install new MAF (should I drive around with MAF unplugged to rule out MAF issue??)

Any other ideas on what I could / should do???

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
927 Posts
its often said that cleaning the MAF is only a temporary fix and not necessarily guaranteed to work

have you tried it disconnected? if it runs fine when its not connected, replace the maf completely, genuine part around £80 i think, dont know if you can replace with non-genuine for around half the price or if the cheaper ones are cack

if it still runs cack with the MAF disconnected it might be something else, in which case i doubt i can offer any more advice

ive been told that if you have the throttle body off to be cleaned, the ECU has to be reset or something..?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks T8DPR,

i will try running it with the MAF unplugged. i presume just unplug the electrics, rather than fully remove.... Does this put the car into any kind of limp mode??

Nick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts