Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now that I've got the money together I can't find a damn car! So typical, when I was looking a few months ago there were plenty of decent ones available... now that I've got the money... nothing!

I've got 10k (but I'd like to haggle down to 9 - 9.5k ideally :p), I'm after an 02/52 3dr Indigo Blue/Black 1.8T. I'd like one with Winter Pack, ESP, and Climate. Out of interest, what other optional equipment was available on this model year that I could look out for?

I've been checking on autotrader every few hours for the last week. And I've been looking on VW website on the used car section but so far I've found nothing that inspires me.

Any other places I can look? I want one NOW NOW NOW!!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Dont buy an indigo blue m8! worst colour I've ever had, never stays clean and scratches really easy. Looks good though if you can bare the above

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
isnt black just as bad? or is indigo blue worse than black cos i thought black was the nightmare car colour for keeping clean/scratches.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Well now that I've got the money together I can't find a damn car! So typical, when I was looking a few months ago there were plenty of decent ones available... now that I've got the money... nothing!

I've been checking on autotrader every few hours for the last week. And I've been looking on VW website on the used car section but so far I've found nothing that inspires me.

Any other places I can look? I want one NOW NOW NOW!!!
A WEEK? And i thought i was impatient! [:$]

Trust me, hang on a while longer, patience IS a virtue, and the right one will come along!! [;)]

I was in the exact same place you are right now 7 months ago, only i endured that pain for little over TWO MONTHS!! not a week! [:'(][:mad:]

I, like you had the money waiting for the right car, i was also checking Autotrader every few hours and any other site/paper/magazine selling VW's that i could think of, only to find nothing decent! Basically, i was starting to lose my temper big time at the thought of searching so hard and not finding one, i was pulling my hair out and going up the wall wondering how so many could be for sale, and i couldn't fine ONE mint example that fitted my criteria??

Anyway, that was 7 months ago, and although you can't see it at the time, waiting is the best thing you can do, because IMO, through all the hard painful searching i ended up buying one that in my eyes IS totally perfect and couldn't have asked for a better car!! [<:eek:)]

So keep looking and the same will happen for you!! [;)]

·
Registered
343 Posts
just hang in there. its all a matter of patience

getting my first golf (a 1.6se) took me around 2 months to find a suitable one.

when it came to finding my 1.8t a month or so back, it only took me around 2 weeks if proper searching.

my tip is just to check autotrader every day. that is where i ended up finding both my cars. they will show up in time

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where else can I look apart from autotrader? I check the autotrader website every day at 3 hour intervals.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeh I have also been searching on the VW used car site... I have a question about that actually. If I found a car that I liked from the VW Dealer network, but say it was 200 miles from me, would they be willing to drive it down to a local dealer for me? Ie. Are all the dealers linked?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
AFAIK, yes, the dealer stock is linked and there must be some way that you could view it! [:)]

Best thing i could suggest is, if you find one you like, go into your dealers with the details (printout preferably) and ask them what would be the best way to be able to view it. Chances are they might only bring it to you if you show that you are really serious about buying it!!

Still, never hurts to ask them, VW seem to be at their most helpful when getting money from you!! lol [;)]

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I'm going to look at one tomorrow, have to travel 75 miles though :(

But it seems like a good one :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
I am in the same boat been looking now for 4 months for the right car [:(]

Missed out on a real gem of a car about 4 weeks ago got to the seller only to be told it sold 15 mins ago ......

120 miles round trip & ?20 of fuel [:'(]

·
Registered
703 Posts
My colleage has got an 02 plate 3dr (Black pearl) for sale in Newbury - not sure of the options fitted but I can get you the full spec if you are interested (PM/email me), and it should be in your price range.

Chris

·
Registered
476 Posts
How? is you're budget really low or are you after something particular?
Budget 7k tops spec must have black reacaro leathers & sunroof & most of all the car must be 2001 {AUM engine} black under 50k & 5dr .

LOL i dont ask for much do I !

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
It's the suroof that's killing you're search plus you want leather for only 7k !

so I reckon you'll still be looking in 3 months

1 - 20 of 22 Posts