Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dirty Derv has hit 120k miles.

She is due a service and will be getting one sharpish, but iv been reading alot on here about people putting additives into their systems..

Now iv read alot that this stuff normally caused more bad than good, how right am i in saying this ?

Hope someone can she some light

Regards

·
Registered
171 Posts
over the last 15 yrs ive used forte motor flush and there diesel treatment, and at no point have i ever had any problems, this is in the garage where i work, some owners keep there car for 7/8 yrs and we have serviced them every year using these products, i can recommend them enough mate

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
forte are well know tho i have never used it. i use millers in my derv as my father has done for many many years. never given me any hard ship. [Y]

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Millers diesel Eco additive has really good reviews. I use it all the time.
It costs around ?11 for 10 fillups. Honestly try it for 3 tanks then not on the 4th, you'll never go back to just drev.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Do they really clean the injectors out?
well ive had (on older diesels) the emissions on some reading over 7% and just adding the treatment and taking for a drive has seen them pass at below 3%, ive also had some very smokey diesels and the forte stuff has sorted that aswell, we stock it at work so if you want some i can do it trade for you and send it up mate

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok i think im going to give it a try. whats the difference with running a remapped derv?

How much phil?

·
Registered
482 Posts
i have used forte didnt notice a diffrance im on my 2nd tank of fuel with Millers diesel Eco max and it has made a diffrance. has anybody used liqui moly diesel purge its ment to be feed directly to the injectors it it worth doing?

·
Registered
183 Posts
ive been using millers for a few months now and its really cleared the startup smoke..i use 25 mils for every £10 of fuel. i dont do that much milage so it lasts me ages.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I would not use a flush on a turbo diesel! Its ok if you have done it every service since new!!! but if not don't go there.

The last thing you want is blocking up the oil lines for the turbo with shifted gunk.

Other stuff i use is +1 for Millers (Bewarned it smells) and Molly slip for the gearbox! But if you have a fancy model with LSD don't use the molly slip.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I try and fill up once a month with bp ultimate or shell to give it a treat.

Other than that, i have a mate who swears by the millers stuff.

·
Registered
385 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ive never had any problems using motor flush, but i do see your point, altho i think Forte have a warranty after using there products, but as with anything you dont know how good until you need it

·
You ain't seen me, right?
3,778 Posts
love the millers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts