Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was gonna get a diesel one but a black 1.8T has caught my eye! hopefully it's still there tomorrow.

Not too many about I think, looking forward to havin a mk4 again. Gonna really miss my .:R though. [:(]

Got lots of ideas in my head for the estate!

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Thats some crazy transition mate from mk5 r32 to mk4 estate.

Have you been owned by a woman or something? made you 'grow up'?

·
Registered
485 Posts
How comes your selling you .:R Shane?

I really wanted to part exchange my derv for an .:R but then thought about petrol prices and MPG[:O]!!!

Good luck in finding a 1.8T, if not get the GT TDi 150 (not bad for a diesel [:D])

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Or forget the 1.8t and just get the ARL PD150 like mah says.

Stock car on remap anywhere around 190-200 bhp and 300 lb-ft.

The engine is good for more, i plan to hit 300 bhp and 400+ lb-ft with mine [:D]

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha ha! It's clear everyone thinks I'm mad!

...and yes POKERPRO, I have have been owned by a woman for some time!!

However, I have my own reasons for the change. I need a vehicle for work. I looked at vans but you get more for your money with an estate car!

I'm not sure how messy the estate is gonna get yet, but it's just meant to be a cheap car for work at the minute. I was gonna get a diesel, but then I found this black 52 plate 1.8t, with 70k on the clock. I Which I managed to secure today for not too much over £2k!! Woohoo! Bodywork isn't perfect, but I've got a few plans anyway. I've never had a diesel so I dont know what I'm missing economy wise. It's gotta be cheaper than running the V6! I dont do massive mileage anyway.

So I'm gonna try to keep it clean so I can use it as my surf wagon for the summer too. If it doesn't work out, I'll have the change from the R32 to possibly buy a toy as well.

MAH, R32's rule and I will have another one! The money you fork out on fuel is well worth it for the drive. Just need to concentrate on my work requirements at the minute. Luckily for me, My misses has a 3.2 TT that I can have a play with now and then too!

Anyway, I pick up the estate on monday. I'll post some pics when I get it.[:D]

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks bud. I'm thinking some subtle styling, maybe some anniversary touches, a modest drop... and the right wheels of course.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Ha, :) , Shane,, if ya gonna use it for beach "surf" runs,, you`ll love the boot space for changing, in ,, sitting in , etc, i go Kite buggying on the beach,, n have spent many a night sleeping in the back of my Estate,, plenty of room when the seats are down, and its comfy,,

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow! loads of inspiration there! I thought about air ride, but I think it's too much money for this particular project. I could be wrong? How much for a decent air ride set up? I've never looked.

Looking forward to the beach runs scud! It is massive in the back, really surprised me.

What size are the rims on your silver one SIXSR?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
mk4 estates suit bora front ends more than golfs do, that would be one of the first things I would look at getting [Y]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts