Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard there's an "IceLink Plus" for the Gamma HU which will allow you to keep the dash mount CD player?

Does anyone have more info on this, I cant seem to find this particular model on the Dension website.

Cheers[^]

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Abit confusing this one, let me clear it up.

You can have this set up:

Gamma + Dash SINGLE CD PLAYER + Dension IceLink

The single CD player has always had the ability to allow you to plug in a CD Bootchanger (as you probably know) therefore giving you 1+6 CD capacity.

The dension can be plugged into the back of the Single CD player and used INSTEAD of the bootchanger.

You CANNOT have:

Dension + Dash 6Disc + Gamma

Dension + BootChanger + Gamma

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Fly, looks like i'm gonna have to get myself a single slot CD then or a cubby hole.

Do I ask for the 'CD compatible' version one when purchasing the kit for my iPod mini or do they have this feature by default?

·
Banned
774 Posts
A bit of a hijack but how do you mount these icelinks? I fancy the idea of integrating MP3 to my GAMMA HU but don't want to start drilling holes in my car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Second hijack. I've just bought one of these and wondered if anyones fitted one what the little black wire is thats seperate from the others?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No drilling required, you can mount it in the glovebox as all the Ipod features are accesible from the HU.

I'm gonna see if I can fit mine in the armrest though.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Quote: posted by aarondarch on 07/01/2005 08:34:52

Second hijack. I've just bought one of these and wondered if anyones fitted one what the little black wire is thats seperate from the others?

Black wire = EARTH.

You can earth it to the EARTH wire on the headunit's Iso Loom.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Quote: posted by sammyboy on 07/01/2005 08:27:56

A bit of a hijack but how do you mount these icelinks? I fancy the idea of integrating MP3 to my GAMMA HU but don't want to start drilling holes in my car.

I stashed mine on the shelf of the glovebox, as it's so small.

Although if you want to be able to see it whilst driving, you can buy a dashmount bracket (www.dashmount.co.uk or .com). Then you won't have to drill your dash, as it clips inbetween dashboard trim gaps...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just been having a think about this, surely you can hack the dash changer loom and fit a switch to change between iPod and CD changer?

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Quote: posted by Sem on 07/01/2005 20:11:57

Just been having a think about this, surely you can hack the dash changer loom and fit a switch to change between iPod and CD changer?

You probably could to be honest.

But when an Ipod can hold upto 5000 songs, why would u need to ever use Cd's again in the car??????

And since it's so easy to update the Ipod with new songs, you really won't bother with CD's (in the car) anymore.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just want to keep the dash looking original really and i'm not keen on having an empty space (cubby hole) in it's place.

Suppose I could keep the changer fitted but what's the point when it won't work?!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Quote: posted by Sem on 07/01/2005 20:11:57

Read a post on vwvortex.com and the guy had done just that. Small switch mount until climate control. Can't find the post sorry [B)]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quote: posted by Gti Fly on 07/01/2005 19:30:15

I stashed mine on the shelf of the glovebox, as it's so small.

Although if you want to be able to see it whilst driving, you can buy a dashmount bracket (www.dashmount.co.uk or .com). Then you won't have to drill your dash, as it clips inbetween dashboard trim gaps...

I've decided thats where mine is going, but did you have to drill into the glovebox to get the cable in or am I missing something really easy?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts