Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I played an 11-a-side footy match and great fun it was too.

We got back to the cars after the game, mine was the further away and
my mates Civic del-sol was parked right next to it. He found his car to
be unlocked and his rucksack missing. His drivers side door lock had
been puched with a screwdriver, they nicked the bag with his
medication, clothes, 200 pound oakleys, spare keys etc.

He found his clothes dumped in a bush, luckily he had taken his wallet,
mobile and a few other things out of the car with him. So he is
left with a big repair bill and missing posessions. Poor chap :(

However my car was totally untouched and I am willing to put huge bet
on the fact it was because my car was DELOCKED... no one could get a
bloody screw driver in there to force it open and there was no damage.
GITS HA! so that has to be the best 20 pound mod I have ever done
to my car and it was all through this site. So I urge you to get it
done if you have not.

- it managed to protect my car, my 200 pound ipod, wallet etc all in my glove box, very stupid to leave those in there.

This is a warning to you guys, remove your items AND delock your MK4s.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
wow, lucky chap !! Nice one.

Have you put the metal disc in while declocking ? Ive been told this is useless if not glued into place ... ?

·
Registered
340 Posts
May sound silly.

But is there a guid for doing this??? as i was just going to get soem back door handles. But people go on about discs??

Andy

·
Registered
586 Posts
May sound silly.

But is there a guid for doing this??? as i was just going to get soem back door handles. But people go on about discs??

Andy
There is a short 'how to' here,
http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/170253/ShowPost.aspx
I'm sure there is another somewhere with pics, if I come across it I'll post the URL here.

Also, if your interested, Shaq is organising a GB for the parts (painted) in the Group Buy section, He is taking a list just now and hopefully it will kick off in the next 2 / 3 weeks. link below.
http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/184529/ShowPost.aspx

Paul.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
As well as fitting the metal disc, I have also disabled the 'wind down' function by cutting the appropriate wire [;)]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
what about the boot???

does the de-locking kit include something for the boot lock?
I dont think so, apparently its all safe from the boot ... beats me why but thats what IVe been told [:s]

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Nice one, it's a shame for your mate but I bet you still feel quite smug.

I had taken a whole lot of pictures when I did my delock, I'll see if I can find them

·
Registered
832 Posts
Ok i am seriously considering doin this to my golf, The only thing though is if the battery goes flat how do you get into the car ?! Or how do you get in to the car to open the bonnet to re-charge the battery?! Would you be utterly poo'd?!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Ok i am seriously considering doin this to my golf, The only thing though is if the battery goes flat how do you get into the car ?! Or how do you get in to the car to open the bonnet to re-charge the battery?! Would you be utterly poo'd?!
You go through the boot.

·
Registered
832 Posts
You go through the boot.
Bet that looks stylish infront of the ladies!! LOL [H]

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Good to hear that your car wasn't damaged Oxford. I'm waiting patiently for Shaqs GB.

Early on Sunday morning me and a mate were out mountain biking, we got back to the car park after a couple of hours and the majority of cars had been busted into and the police were there finger printing. It was mostly a group of runners who had gone out before us that had been done! There was no lock busting finesse, just good ol' fashioned glass smashing. I think I was lucky as I had my back seats down and no parcel shelf in, so there was nothing hidden.

Just winds me up that you can't go out and do some recreational pasttime without scumbags using it as a window of opportunity [:mad:]

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
pun intended mate??

On a serious note, though, scumbag isn't the word! A mate of mine just had the lock wrecked on his MkV. Was only parked 20yards from an office too. Does the delock work in the MkV?

window of opportunity [:mad:]

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I don't know about the MkV, but it's a shame if VW hasn't guarded against this from a design perspective. Possibly they never read message boards?[:(]

·
Registered
337 Posts
Did your mate leave his stuff on view??.The fact that they could,nt see yours meant they left it not the delock.I,m certain if u had left any of your gear on show the window would have gone thru.I know..mine did...[:(]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts