Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new rear wiper blade, so might as well change it for something that looks half decent.

I have the Anni spoiler, so what are my option?

I know this has been done before, but there seems to be no definitive answers or prices that I can find . . .

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
apparently the fabia one dont fit with spoiler, unless you midify the wiper....HOWEVER, my votex spoiler seems a fair distance away from the glass....

MK5 Golf spoiler...same as "polo" rear wiper, same as rear "aero" wiper.....

best place for polo wiper is vag parts......?12.11 or something silly....

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any pics of these?

does the A4 one go straight on, is this a standard type wiper?

so all the new VWs come with aero wipers as standard?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Right. I had a Votex spoiler on my V6. The Fabia wiper WOULD NOT FIT. I tried to grind the arm down to fit, but it just looked a mess. The Polo wiper fitted perfectly. As has been said - the Polo wiper = the Mk5 wiper = aero wiper.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Go for the aero wiper jobby,looks the biz and cleans like a big cleaning thing. I have the p/n's if required.

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
A4 estate wiper is a couple of inches shorter than the fabia one and does clear the spoiler,but the audi's have two small holes for the washer jet instead of a slot so i just cut one out with a small hacksaw and a dremel.

you can use the lower part of the arm from the fabia one and join it to the audi but then you need to buy both wiper arms and split them at the pin half way down.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, that seems like the best option - anyone got a pic?

what is the one that from the back looks like it's completely covered, cant see any wiper arms?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Steve - thats the fabia one isnt it?

Jase any pics of the A4 one?

Ive been thinking about the rear one for a while, but havent decided on one yet, TBH i dont like the one on Cluke's motor coz of the change in size half way threw the arm, jus not feelin that personaly. I like the fabia one, but that needs moddin, an im not too sure about it, i want a near enough straight fit!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Quote: posted by S1R SS on 19/02/2005 22:06:30

what is the one that from the back looks like it's completely covered, cant see any wiper arms?

the fabia one.........?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Quote: posted by Essex Escy on 19/02/2005 22:15:48

Quote: posted by S1R SS on 19/02/2005 22:06:30

the fabia one.........?

or the audi one.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Steady on . . . Obviously my last post is well out of place as the questions were answered whilst I was typing!

Im assuming the Polo/mk5/Aero is a 100% straight swap?

It's not blowing me away, but still looks good.

Im sure it was the A4/Fabia one I was redering to, cant be bothered to mess about modding it tho!

p/ns would be great?

are there definatley no differences between the 9n/mk5/aero?

all this over a wiper - how fussy am I . . . !!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
polo/mk5/aero is the same thing........DEFINITE...

though, an interesting twist on the polo wiper is to get a toureg BLADE for it, its about an inch longer, so gives better cleaning!

pics needed along with p/ns......

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sdesailly: it's gotta be done, such a basic component but all the info is a bit 'airy-fairy' . . . until now!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
audi wiper!

sorry but only pic i have on pc at the moment.

(and ignore the rear lights as they have been replaced by euro gti lights)

Posted Image

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Quote: posted by S1R SS on 19/02/2005 22:31:19

so is there any diff between the polo arm and the toerag arm or is it just the blade?

i'm sure its just the blade........slightly longer

1 - 20 of 45 Posts