Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
If you register/buy something from them they send you emails with discount codes in

Katy's cars gleaming since I used my PC on hers and some magic compound an polish

·
Registered
48 Posts
He he,

Just back from the states - ordered mine for delivery to the hotel before I went and brought it back with me! Didnt think the credit card company would let me but it worked a treat.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Also, the PC doesnt just spin does it, hasnt it got a dual rotating action? like 2 centres, if you get me, bit like my Dual Action sander at work i think

·
Registered
37 Posts
If anyone has any discount codes, im thinking of ordering one so it would be appreciated :) I take it for that price it doesnt come with the transformer (lol that in your luggage would have you paying loads in extra weight fees)

Mind you for ?15 more might get one from ebay without the tranny (not that type you sick people) and then not have to lie awake in my bed at night wondering if an import tax is coming my way.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
If anyone has any discount codes, im thinking of ordering one so it would be appreciated :) I take it for that price it doesnt come with the transformer (lol that in your luggage would have you paying loads in extra weight fees)

Mind you for ?15 more might get one from ebay without the tranny (not that type you sick people) and then not have to lie awake in my bed at night wondering if an import tax is coming my way.
Autopia are very good, ive ordered from them 4/5 times and have never been stung with import duties [:p]

Check you pm [:D]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts

you wont get hit by import tax, just ask them to mark it "GIFT" & your sorted.

Current codes that work (as of 5/12/06) have been sent by PM

So, if you want to buy me a beer, a crate of Magners will do [Y]

·
Registered
24 Posts
?120 is a bit expensive for me at the moment, are there any moderate priced buffers out there that are better and easier than by hand?

Ive searched this forum and the random oscillation means it protects the paintwork and gives a better result?

Do straightforward orbital buffers potentially damage the paint, if so how?

Whenever i wax my car its left with swirls, and when i searched on this the 2 solutions were to get a PC buffer, or to wax and buff off following how air would go across the car.

I found this link with cheaper buffers, what do you guys think?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/58139/best_buffers.html

Also any other tips for no more swirls when i wax my car? Thanks :)

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Dont waist your ??? on that rubbish, even the megs one shown isnt up to scratch compaired to a Porter....

To possibly avoid increasing the swirls apply/remove your materials in the same direct as the air would flow over the car when in motion, a circular motion is the natural way, & also the fast route to swirlsville

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Dont waist your ??? on that rubbish, even the megs one shown isnt up to scratch compaired to a Porter....

To possibly avoid increasing the swirls apply/remove your materials in the same direct as the air would flow over the car when in motion, a circular motion is the natural way, & also the fast route to swirlsville
But why would you get swirls if you have a clean car, clean app pad and are just waxing? [*-)]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts

But why would you get swirls if you have a clean car, clean app pad and are just waxing? [*-)]
Fair point, but if your using a "Cleaner" type material which has some abrasive's in it, like NXT, ZYMOL(Halfords stuff) or AG Resin, there is a slight risk of adding these dreaded things

Also, who uses a nice new pad/MF every time, I know I do, but does everybody ????

·
Registered
3,642 Posts

Fair point, but if your using a "Cleaner" type material which has some abrasive's in it, like NXT, ZYMOL(Halfords stuff) or AG Resin, there is a slight risk of adding these dreaded things

Also, who uses a nice new pad/MF every time, I know I do, but does everybody ????
Yeah I thought that cleaner stuff might casue it but anchorman said he gets them when waxing. Good point about the new applicator I dont use a new one each time, but make sure there well cleaned out and check them often when using them to make sure there not dirty, same with mf's

Your just nuts using new stuff everytime [:p]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts