Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Default aircon recirculation

668 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  arek_p 
#1 ·
I recently replaced all air con flap motors, incl V71. All buttons and flaps work fine.

I normally have air con set to recirculate. The button works fine. But when I turn the car off, it goes back to pulling air from outside when I turn it on again.

Is there a way of setting recirculate mode as the default whenever the car gets turned on? I'm pretty sure that's how it was in my 2001 Bora.

#6 ·
Time for an update:
I installed the Climatronic panel from my V5 donor car, but this didn't fix the recirculation function.

After reading some old posts on here, I looked in the car manual. This clearly states that: "only the function 'air recirculation' is cancelled after about 20 minutes". So there you go, Air Con working as intended. Thanks Rig-Pig

Interestingly, I discovered that part numbers for display and control panel for electronically controlled air-conditioning for 2001 Bora are:
3B1 907 044 C for LHD
3B2 907 044 C for Right Hand Drive

But for 2003 model, VW needed to save money, so went with 3B1 907 044 C for LHD and RHD cars!

Indeed, the internal temperature sensor in the 2001 donor car is on the opposite side to my 2003.
Black Rectangle Musical instrument accessory Circuit component Font

I decided to use the Climatronic panel from the donor car, as VW originally intended for RHD.
Blue Vehicle Gas Sports equipment Auto part

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.