Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to ask how many people have declared all their mods to the insurance company ie Wheels, spoilers etc plus mods to engine

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ive declared all the major modifications, ie- Wheels, lowered suspension, etc. To be honest the rest of my mods are all vw related, so there is no point in telling them that, as the car could well have came with all the extras (ie - votex rear spolier). They rip us off enough as it is!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Told them absolutely everything, including spoiler that maybe a VW part but it wasn't on the car when I bought it, so not taken any chances. Anything an insurance company can find that you didn't tell them, your insurance is null and void what they want, as they don't have to pay out.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Always best to declare stuff I reacon. At least I know if I had an accident that I'm covered fair and square, no questions asked. Besides, companies like Greenlight can insure a modified car for very little more than you'd pay a mainstream company for un-modded.

Another thing to bare in mind.. if the car gets nicked, your mods get nicked. (which can be expensive if we're talking alloys, bodywork etc) So if you hadn't delared them, you'll get nowt back for em!

·
Registered
32 Posts
what if a painted the fromt and rear valance would have to declair that also is nececary to declair adding things like alu trim and an anni front bagde.

·
Registered
32 Posts
surley they couldnt say no just for adding a roof spoiler i could under if was a remap as this would alter the cars performance.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Most definately YES!! all the mods put my policy up by 50 quid so I was well chuffed[:D] not to mention legal and properly insured[:p]

·
Registered
192 Posts
Elephant stung me ?40 a year extra for factory fitted cruise control[}:)]

I told them it would make me rather price consious at renewal time[;)]

·
Registered
614 Posts
me too theres a lot of hard work and money lost if some tit pulls out on you you will have to fight a long and hard to get any money back even if it was not your fault and may get done for no insurance Quote: posted by GaryM on 25/10/2004 19:23:31

Yes everything, I wouldnt mod my car if I thought I would be driving with a void insurance policy.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Friend of mine had a crash last week with only tinted windows and alloys not declared. Her insurance company have bye-bye and now the police are talking court for driving with no insurance. People must be mad to not beclare mods, if you shop around you can get pretty good deals nowadays

·
Registered
336 Posts
Very simple really, if you mod your car then part of the provision you need to make is appropriate insurance[;)]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts