Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right I have just ordered a Milltek R32 style exhaust system and some smoked angel eyes (from Chris at ICJ performance - huge thanks to him for a great deal :D) - cant wait to get them.

And the R32 Body kit is coming within the week.

But now I have a few decisions to make - hard decisions!!!!

Firstly, I?m getting new alloys - now shall I stick with my current ones, 18" Highly polished RS4s here:

Posted Image

Or go for some highly polished A8s here (show on R32 body kit as well ? exactly as my car should look ? I hope):

Posted Image

Posted Image

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Here?s the choice for alloys then:

Highly polished 18? A8

Highly polished 19? A8

Highly polished 18? RS4

Highly polished 19? RS4

<o:p></o:p>

And the second tough decision,

Which front number plate shall I do, here are the choices:

Side:

Posted Image

Middle (standard):

Posted Image

Or low Middle over the mesh:

Posted Image

Also can anyone advise me on fitting of the Cupra R lower splitter, shown on some of the pictures above, i.e. what is involved in fitting it and/or does it fit straight on the R32 front bumper.

Thanks for the help guys ? I know you will help me make the right choices :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well, 1st that middle pic is my car, and i fitted the LCR spoiler the night before that pic inabout 30mins, its easy.

As for the number Plate, well im also wondering about mine, i like the top one, but i can only do that after the FMIC

which i havent done YET, the bottom one i wouldnt do becuase it restricts more air into the vent, not that important but is none the less.

Thanks

James

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Ok, with regards to the rims, if the two options you've given are the only two available to you, then i'd suggest the 19" A8's. The R32 kit just looks too big for 18's i think.

On the number plate position, try and put it in the passenger side of the window if you can, that way it doesn't detract from the look, but i think you may get hassled off the coppers sooner or later for that, in which case i would say the centre of the mesh option, just try and get a smaller plate if you go this route! [;)]

Finally, AFAIK the Cupra splitter does need some slight modification in order to fit, nothing difficult though, and at around ?20, you can't really argue! [:D]

·
Registered
95 Posts
most deffently go for the 19inch A8 rims, i had 18 on my last golf and it just didnt look right. i always regreted not buying the 19s 

·
Registered
850 Posts
Wheels: If your car's going to end up looking like the one in the pic with A8's defo go for it

Number plate: Leave it where it belongs IMO

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for some help guys - u all seem to be loving the A8 rims - me too but i donno if its just that pic that makes them look sooooooo cool.

Do the RS4 alloys look more sporty???

Reson its between these wheels is cause they are ?370 on ebay for 18"s NEW without tyres - such a bargain

and i think its a number plate where it beklongs job - dont want the police after me please lol

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Number plate: Leave it where it belongs IMO
Second that. There are some things that just have a certain place and if you take them off or move them, or make them too wacky, in the case of number plates, it doesn't look like a car any more, or not one that is complete.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Definitely the A8's, they look more 'bling!'

The number plate on the side looks ok.... its something different to other Golfs....but then again maybe they ARE best staying on the A.Romeos and Evos [*-)] hmmmmmm. Depends what floats your boat really. Defnitely a no to putting it on the mesh on the bottom of the bumper though.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Don't forget Awesome is doing genuine R32 wheels at ?145 a piece - if you really want the R look.
I know what you're saying Shiu, but i think he's going for a slightly different look than having the whole "R" package, which i think is best! [:p]

·
Registered
918 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but what is FMIC?

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Don't forget Awesome is doing genuine R32 wheels at ?145 a piece - if you really want the R look.
I know what you're saying Shiu, but i think he's going for a slightly different look than having the whole "R" package, which i think is best! [:p]
Is it me or is that good money for a Genuine wheel?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
The A8's for me too, not normally a fan of them but if on the right car in the right size they do look very very nice, and the RS4's are a little bit played out now imo..! [:D]

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The A8's for me too, not normally a fan of them but if on the right car in the right size they do look very very nice, and the RS4's are a little bit played out now imo..! [:D]
Couldn't agree with you more!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Excuse my ignorance but what is FMIC?
I was scared to ask LOL[:$]

i agree loadsa people have RS4s - but the polished ones certainly stand out more than stnadard ones!!!

But the A8s look godd - you may have persuaded me for the unexpected.

And yeah im not going for the full R32 look as its only a little 1.6 - oops - insurance is a bugger at 19 lol[:$]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts