Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,603 Posts
Goes without saying though that you need to drive both, have a good look round them (sit in those GTI seats!) and then make a decision.
But be warned - getting out for a test drive in the GTI can be bloody fatal. That's how mine ended up on the drive, anyway... As did a few others no doubt [;)]

· Registered
4,603 Posts
AFAIK my local dealer always come out with you... I only had a half hour run, but the run they use allows you to try everything, from screaming through S bends on de-re's, whittlin through a couple of pretty narrow A roads, and all sorts to test all the dyanmics and feel.

Worked for me.

Never driven the MK5 TDI but I have no regrets dropping my TDI for the new GTI, still walk out the house, look at it, and put the cheshire cat to shame with the grin that still appears on my face... [:D]

If you're really stuck over economy, you'll have to think carefully - if it's no biggy (and bear in mind we can quote on over 30mpgs in the GTI), the extra hum and lift from the GTI would sway me anyway... Oh crap, it did [:cool:]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.