Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right I had a nice letter from 02 today saying blah blah blah and new phone this that money off etc.

What I want to know is what decent phones are about at the mo I like something to not be to bulky but good on battery, good memory I have had SE phones for the last 7 years so like them but am unsure if I want to stay.

I pay to much for my monthly rate but am happy to pay ?35 a month for my line rental and use about 75-100 plus texts a month and 300-500 mins per month.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
314 Posts
If you like the small compact, but well featured phones then the SE K800i is amazing. Most of the Nokia 'N' series is pretty bad, and certainly not a patch on the SE.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I guess you've had the same email I had earlier this week Henry.  I was a bit disappointed in the range of phones they offered though.  the best, imo, was the W810i.  I have the K750i at the moment, so don't see it as much of an upgrade, plus the joystick thing in the centre is buggered and is drivin me flamin' mad !

·
Registered
874 Posts
I've got a W810i and it's the best phone I've had by a mile. The thing that put me off SE's in the past was the joystick (my bro had it replaced 4 times in a year on his last phone!) but the w810 doesn't have one.

The LG chocolate is all style and no substance (a bit like my last phone, a Samsung D500). Looks good but isn't as user friendly as a SE.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you like SE then go for the K800i. The phone is top quality and the camera fantastic with a proper xenon flash. I had the Nokia N80 and returned it cos the OS was terrible, so I'd keep clear Series 60 Nokias.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess you've had the same email I had earlier this week Henry. I was a bit disappointed in the range of phones they offered though. the best, imo, was the W810i. I have the K750i at the moment, so don't see it as much of an upgrade, plus the joystick thing in the centre is buggered and is drivin me flamin' mad !
Yep certainlly did I have the w800i at the moment and like it but dont like the size of the screen, the phones where OK like you said but none of them tick the box for me.

Looking at deals on the internet for my money I could get more than 3 times as many minutes and 5 times as many texts for the same money that I am now paying GRRRRRRRRRR dont you just love them NOT !!!

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
I've had SOny Ericsson mobiles for the last 3 years and never had a single problem with any of them. Had two Nokias before that and both had software faults and were forever backwards and forwards being fixed, hence why I swapped to SE.

And I will be sticking with them too for that reason. Got a K750i at the mo and it does the job perfectly, even if the joystick is a bit fiddly for my big thumb!

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I've had SOny Ericsson mobiles for the last 3 years and never had a single problem with any of them. Had two Nokias before that and both had software faults and were forever backwards and forwards being fixed, hence why I swapped to SE.

And I will be sticking with them too for that reason. Got a K750i at the mo and it does the job perfectly, even if the joystick is a bit fiddly for my big thumb!
How long you had the K750i for ?

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I guess you've had the same email I had earlier this week Henry. I was a bit disappointed in the range of phones they offered though. the best, imo, was the W810i. I have the K750i at the moment, so don't see it as much of an upgrade, plus the joystick thing in the centre is buggered and is drivin me flamin' mad !
Yep certainlly did I have the w800i at the moment and like it but dont like the size of the screen, the phones where OK like you said but none of them tick the box for me.

Looking at deals on the internet for my money I could get more than 3 times as many minutes and 5 times as many texts for the same money that I am now paying GRRRRRRRRRR dont you just love them NOT !!!
Yeah it cheeses me off bout that too. 3 is particularly good for deals but not sure bout the signal quality and suchlike. I left orange last year cos the deals on 02 were SO much better. Ported my number across too. might do the same this year too. is the W800 the 3.2 mg pix cam one ?

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yep go on www.gsmarena.com for all the phones bit of an overload on info but gives you all the phone details.

Dan when I can get through I will be pushing them very hard as last year I let them off as I was not interested in more minutes or a new phone so it will be haggle time !!!

·
Registered
6,213 Posts

About 8 months now and still faultless.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts

About 8 months now and still faultless.
I've had mine 11 months now and it started screwin up about 10 1/2 months into it !

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just spoken to them I am going to wait until the 11th Sept when my proper upgrade comes through as then I will have more options.

Cheers for the advice though peeps much appreciated.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I left orange last year cos the deals on 02 were SO much better. Ported my number across too. might do the same this year too.
I too left Orange last year 'cos O2 deals a bit better and their phone choices were much better.. I've gone the opposite way this year as the Orange deals are now much better.

It all depends on how many minutes you use who has the best deals.

I wanted 100mins and 100 texts- O2 wanted ?25 a month, Orange ?19 a month with the same phone. No brainer really.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
I've had mine 11 months now and it started screwin up about 10 1/2 months into it !
Hopefully mine wont go wang like yours. I have faith in it tho, it has been dropped numerous times, left outside in the damp and cold, sat on, thrown about and lives in my pocket with a bunch of keys and still it won't faulter!

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
I'm upgrading to a Nokia N73 next week when O2 get them in but the have already offered me a stonking deal to stay. I was paying ?25 for 100mins 100 texts. They've offered me 500 mins and 500 texts for ?17.50 though I will have to pay ?50 for the phone as it's brand new.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts