Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best bits of kit to go for? My discs on my anni are warped so im looking at upgrading to a better/bigger set-up. Ive seen a set of porsche (boxster 4pots) callipers and tt 312mm discs for ?700, is that a good set-up? does anyone on here having anything similar? cheers.[Y]

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
I was VERY lucks with my ones as i saw them on ebay

and paid 400 quid deliverd compleat with HUBS,DISCS,CALIPERS the compleat lot job

·
Registered
247 Posts
What are the best bits of kit to go for? My discs on my anni are warped so im looking at upgrading to a better/bigger set-up. Ive seen a set of porsche (boxster 4pots) callipers and tt 312mm discs for ?700, is that a good set-up? does anyone on here having anything similar? cheers.[Y]
Zekegti as got some for sale in the classifieds [Y]

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have the LCR Brembo 4 Pot and 323mm Disk set up and too and it is amazing! Paid about ?720 for mine 3 years ago. However be aware that you are Very limited as to what wheels you can have (though you will be ok with Ani Wheels).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i saw that, so pm'd him last night. Are they the lcr ones? new to the vw lark!lol!

·
Registered
247 Posts
yeah i saw that, so pm'd him last night. Are they the lcr ones? new to the vw lark!lol!
Looks like idontlivehere beat you 2 it mate [8o|]

·
Registered
70 Posts
GT Junior Kits are v.good for money.

I can do you a brand new kit for ?950 fitted with a Ate Super blue racing fluid change. Pics on a black Ani [;)]

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
If you are going to spend the money then I would recommend getting bigger dics to make them look better. How about the modified R32 kit:

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/743689.aspx

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey Liam,

C17LJR had a full r32 front brake set up for sale in the classifieds for ?350 ono [:p]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TTS - what size are the discs in that kit? and how much could you do the kit supplied only?

Surely the brembo 4pots would work better than a set of std r32 brakes??? although the discs DO look bigger and thicker....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi

They are 323mm x 28mm with a four pot Brembo caliper, the discs are brembo and so are the pads. This set up is a lot better than the R32 discs/calipers. Granted the R32 setup is bigger, you can't beat the look of a brembo red caliper though [;)] Four pots will always perform better than the 2 pot R32 caliper.

Also the pad/disc compounds are superior to many of the R32 upgrade pads/discs as there are limited options.

Best price to forum members ?870 plus ?12.00 Uk mainland postage.

4 week wait for kit, although I have a TT kit coming next week, that we can source the Golf Hoses seperately for as this is the only difference between TT/Golf.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Also the pad/disc compounds are superior to many of the R32 upgrade pads/discs as there are limited options.

Best price to forum members ?870 plus ?12.00 Uk mainland postage.
I also agree that the 4 pot would defo be better than the 2 Pot, but do you really need them that good

I would guess that the "Floating" Disc set up of the uprated R32 kit would be better than the one piece Brembo disc

Posted Image

I personally don't like the rectangular look of the calipers, have you looked at the ECS Tunning Porsche set ups... gives you the better floating disc set up and Porsche Brembo 4 pots

Here's a picture of the ones I had... they work very well and the caliper looks and the shape is so much better, over the GT Brembo calipers:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Think they cost about ?1,100 from here: http://www.jbrperformance.co.uk/

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MMMMMM!!!!!! I do like the porsche set up on your car! I cant really justify spending that much, not atm anyway!

Is there anywhere that does the std 312mm disc with drilled/grooves on them?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts