Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
i used an old credit card and some tar and glue remover on the left over stickey stuff,

card wont leave any marks on the paint but you might get very faint lines where they have been, little wizz over with a buffer will get them all off

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
did mine ages ago but when I took the badges off it looked like someone had allready tried to remove them so all of them had scratches allong the edges of each letter [N]

bit of a pointless comment tbh but just to let people no they COULD leave marks!

Bora looks 100% better [Y]

·
Registered
106 Posts
did mine ages ago but when I took the badges off it looked like someone had allready tried to remove them so all of them had scratches allong the edges of each letter

bit of a pointless comment tbh but just to let people no they COULD leave marks!

Bora looks 100% better
thanks pal, pity its got about 3 inch's of dirt atm

·
Registered
30 Posts
Funny enough i have debadged my golf today! [:D]

I basically used a hair dryer to heat the adhesive behind the badges...

Some fine string or dental floss to remove the letters

rubbed the adhesive that was left from the removed letters with my thumb to peel the adhesive back

and finally used hot water with some kitchen cleaner and a cloth to remove the marks that was left over [:)]

20/30 minutes job for my golf and GTI badge to be removed

Hope this helped

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
i took the badges off mine - used my thumb and heat to get the big bits off and then used......

*hides head*

oven cleaner sprayed it on...counted to 30 and wiped off and it was all gone? was amazing! polished the area after just incase

·
Registered
146 Posts
put the kettle on! pure boiling water over the badges, it softens up the glue and in a few minutes your be able to pull everything off, dont worry it doesnt damage the paint. for any stuborn bits of glue left over i used brake cleaner and it comes straight off, the only problem that you might have is paint fade from where your badges were,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.