Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Kjohal
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and Gals - I want to know whether to debadge my car, reason is I went to the auction today for a wonder and noticed a nice black golf like mine but with no badges on the back except the round vw, I quite liked it and was thinking of doing it to mine but im not sure - below is a pic of mine currently - should I debadge??!?! [*-)]

fs

·
Registered
94 Posts
nah, everyone will think u got a boggo standard 1.4 then!!

Funny how most 318 beemers are debadged - pee shooter gives it away

·
Registered
504 Posts
I thought the GTDI were badged as GT-TDi, they are over here.

I left my badges on simply because it breaks up the lines a bit and there not the worst looking in the world

·
Kjohal
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought the GTDI were badged as GT-TDi, they are over here.

Quite right they are, when I first bought the car I didnt like having GT TDI, I thought it was a bit of a mouthful so I decided on loosing one if the T's!!

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
i think people do it for the element of surprise

you dont know what your racing, and when it leaves you,

you wonder what the hell is in the bonnet of that thing

·
Kjohal
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
andy_green - thanks for the photoshop pic [;)] - appreciate that - I do like it without the badges but still not sure!! i will think about it and see how i feel on monday as that is when im gona spend a whole day washing, waxing and making it look sweet!!!! [:)]

Diesal is dirty but my TDi is a clean machine - just unlucky for the poor guy behind me who has to take in the black puff of smoke - [:p]

thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
andy_green - thanks for the photoshop pic [;)] - appreciate that - I do like it without the badges but still not sure!! i will think about it and see how i feel on monday as that is when im gona spend a whole day washing, waxing and making it look sweet!!!! [:)]

Diesal is dirty but my TDi is a clean machine - just unlucky for the poor guy behind me who has to take in the black puff of smoke - [:p]

thanks guys!!!
im going to get black front and rear VW badges and then debadge the golf GTI when i get round to it lol. i think it looks good IMO

·
Kjohal
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wouldnt mind a petrol one tbh, now I dont do as many miles, but for now i will stick with what I got - maybe a mkv in a couple of years time would be nice! [:D]

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was planning on removing the badges from my 2.0 Bora but im not going
to touch them now. The reason im not going to touch them for the time
being is i dont think it really suits with the bain badge right in the
middle. Im hoping to get the cash to put the car into a bodyshop and
thats when i will get the whole back completely flushed.

Besides its a 2.0 and its my first car, i know its only 8v but i cant complain! [<:eek:)]

·
Registered
181 Posts
ive go 2.0 gti and took off everything apart from the GTI badge and replaced the VW emblem with the sharan badge(smaller vw badge)...

It looks sweet now :eek:) ill see if i can find the pics i was shown...

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 - 18 of 18 Posts